Present After the Past

( Four years later)Kari's POV

Naruto and I have been living together for the past four years. "Naruto come on Kakashi-sensei said we need to be at the training fields soon" "Coming, alright lets go" he said running out the door with me close behind. We are both sixteen and were racing, like little kids, to the training fields. Sakura and Sai, Sasuke's replacement, was already there, and here comes me and Naruto falling over out of breath. "Uhh why does he always have to be late" Naruto groans "Then he makes up some kind of lame excuse like "I got lost on the path of life"" "Or "A black cat crossed my way and I had to take the long way" he always has something" Sakura finished. "Shush guys he's coming" I stopped them from ranting on about his tardiness. "Sorry I'm late the Hokage had something to tell me" he said "Anyways we'll have divided training, Kari teach Naruto that move you used during the exams" "Right" me and Naruto said as the same time "I'll work with Sakura and Sai" "Hai" Sakura answered "Mmhmm" Sai said looking up from his drawing.

Time Skip

"Alright, Naruto lets start with the easy part" "Okay" he smiled. "Focus your chakra and make it cover your body like a cloak" he closed his eyes and concentrated on his chakra, soon a small blue cloak started to form. "Good it's weak but you did it. Now have the nine-tails share its chakra with you" I explained "Alright" he sounded unsure.

Naruto's POV

I really don't think this is a good idea, but if Kari can do it so can I. "Okay Kyūbi work with me here" I told him "Fine only because I don't want to be weaker than her version of me" "Really okay lend me some chakra". We both focused and soon our chakra were melding together to form a red and black cloak "Naruto you did it! Good job" Kari congratulated then suddenly got serious "Okay second part done, now time for the last part. This part is most likely the most dangerous." "Why is that?" "Because you can either do damage to your opponent or if not done right, you can do damage to yourself" "(gulp) this is risky," I thought to myself. "I did it wrong once and I got hurt badly" she pulled down her black stockings and there was a giant burn mark on her right leg. "How long ago was that injury made" "Ooh maybe about six years ago. Before I met you." "Okay I'm ready" I focused the chakra cloak down to my leg. I felt the power it gave off slowly slide down to my leg.

Normal POV

Kari made a practice dummy for the new move Naruto was trying. "Ready" "Mhmm" Naruto said with determination "Go"Kari yelled signalling for him to start. Naruto swung his leg around to sidekick the dummy, he did it. The makeshift doll flew at least twenty feet away from where the two were standing "Gah!" Naruto yelled as he grabbed his leg in pain. "Naruto what's wrong" Kari exclaimed running to his side, she rolled up his pant leg and saw that there was a large burn. "Hold on I'll get Sakura" "Fine just hurry" Naruto seethed through closed teeth watching his sister run towards where the others were. "Naruto's hurt" Kari yelled running up to Sakura and grabbing her arm. "What happened" "I was teaching him that move from the exams and he burned his leg" "You better get back to him" Kakashi told dismissing them to help Kari's brother. When they got to were Naruto was, he was clutching his leg in pain and tears brimmed his eyes, threatening to fall. "Hold on Naruto," Kari said kneeling by her brother's side while Sakura used medical-nin-justsu on his leg. "There all done" Sakura said standing up from his wound.

Naruto's POV

My leg still hurt but not as much as before. "Thanks for getting Sakura to help" I smiled holding onto Kari as she helps me stand up. "No problem, besides you need your strength if you're going to get Sasuke back" "Yeah" I remembered when I made the promise to bring Sasuke back after the exams. We walked back home, well Kari walked I limped. Kari opened the door and I made my way to the couch to lay down "Hey, what do you want for dinner?" she asked heading towards the kitchen. "How 'bout some instant ramen?" "Sure, why not." and with that, she put two cups of instant ramen in the microwave then sat on the couch with my head in her lap. The timer on the microwave beeped and she got up to get the noodles and as I sat up she brung the ramen, then ate it. Every bite was glorious, and I think Kari thought the same way. "Ahh" we both sighed throwing our cups in the garbage, then I laid my head back down on her lap and she laid hers on the back of the couch. There we fell asleep not bothering to change clothes.

Kari's POV

Me and Naruto fell asleep on the couch, then I heard a soft thud that woke me up. I gently moved his head off my lap and went to the roof where the sound came from. Once I got up there, the first thing I saw was red hair and I immediately knew who it was. "Gaara, is that you?" he turned and saw me "Kari?" "Yeah" I said running up to him and giving him a hug. "I told you we would see each other again" I whisper pulling away from him and smiling "Mmhmm" he nodded back, red flooding his cheeks. "Gaara are you alright? You seem a bit red. Do you have a fever?" I put my hand up to touch his forehead but he stopped me by grabbing my hand "I'm fine, don't worry." "Okay, well I need to go to bed. You can stay if you want." I told him walking away and going back inside and into bed. I heard fading footsteps before they stopped signalling Gaara was gone. His red cheeks was my last wonder before letting sleep drift on me.