Mission Complete?

Gaara's POV

A scream was heard not far from the apartment my team lives in. We quickly made our way to where the scream came and soon found our target. I let the others fight as I got the woman away from the fight, I left her somewhere safe. When I got back, my team was on the ground, bloodied. "Your turn kid" the rouge growled and ran at me, I used my sand and crushed him, now he was nothing but a pile of blood and organs. I helped the team stand and get back to the house, I then got medical ninjas to heal their wounds. I looked out my window and saw Kari looking out of hers with a worried look on her face. She saw me and a look of relief came over her face and she smiled, she motioned for me to come over and I nodded in response.

Kari's POV

I heard a scream and wondered what happened. Naruto heard it too because he came in and asked if I was okay. I then heard sirens and saw medical-nins entering Gaara's apartment. "What the heck is going on over there. I hope Gaara is okay." I thought worry came over me like a wave. I looked up and saw Gaara in his window looking down at me, and relief took over my feelings. I waved at him to come over and he nodded in response. I heard the front door open and a knock on the room door "Come in" I shouted and watched as he made his way in. I quickly hugged him and he hesitantly hugged back. "Is something wrong?" he asked "I was just worried because I thought you might've been hurt" "While I brought the victim to safety my team fought the guy and got injured badly. I finished the man off and got then help before they bled out." I sighed "Guess your mission here is done then huh?". "I guess so, but I will come back soon. Don't be too sad" he lifted my head and placed a soft kiss on my lips. I nodded and he left minutes later, "I really hope he does come back soon," I thought watching him walk home through my window.

Gaara's POV

I promised Kari I would be back soon, now I would have to find a reason to leave the village and who would be in charge while I'm gone. I'll figure it all out when I get back, hopefully.

Short chapter