Capture or Eliminate

Naruto's POV

It was time, all of us were hidden in the trees. Waiting for Yamato's signal to strike. Then it happened, the signal sparked in the air as we all attacked the rogue base. All of us jumped the base, we captured some, but others stood strong. "Naruto, Watch Out!!!!!!" Kari yelled to me as I just made it out of the way in time before the guy smashed his giant sword "Oh jeez!!" I yelled and jump back. "Everyone regroup! We might to need to eliminate these two, they're proving to be quite troublesome."Yamato announced. "So what's the plan?" Naruto spoke up in his gravely battle mode voice, that's what he calls it at least. "Naruto and Kari, go around the back using Kari's special jutsu. Me and Sakura will be distractions so you two can get clear hits on them from behind. Now you have the choice to make the hit critical or lethal" he whispered to our group "Sai, you keep up with the paintings. They will also serve as distractions, but be sure to stop and move out the way when Naruto and Kari make their move." Sai nodded and continued to make the ink lions and snakes. "Everyone, into position now!!!!"Yamato yelled and we all jumped away into position. "Alright sis, how we going to do this." "We charge up our energy, you go as much as you can and I can head full power. As soon as we get an opening we'll make a sound and get their attention. Then we get them and this job will hopefully be done" she sighed, I knew she was tired. She was up all night, even though I tried to make her go to bed but she refused. "You need to go to sleep when we get home, you've been staying up for the past few nights" "No, no, I'm fine. Lets just get this done". Kari signaled Yamato once we were both ready as they got our targets into position "Ready?" she prepared her leg, the red cloak appeared around her leg, but it wasn't even close to a fatal point. "You sure you're ok?" "Yeah I'm fine, just a bit low on energy" she fake smiled at me, now I can tell she faked smiled because I know her so well; however others might not because she does it so well. "Three...two...one...now!" she counted after we were both ready and we struck, I killed mine on impact and hers bled out "Mission complete" she panted. "Alright" I picked her up "You need sleep whether you like it or not" I looked over at captain Yamato "I'm taking her home, she won't make the trip back" he nodded and I went off into the trees. She woke up but stayed quiet, knowing she didn't have the energy to fight back "Mission accomplished" I told her and walked through the village and quickly made it home. "Naruto I need to go see Gaara" she finally spoke "No, you're staying here and resting. I'll go tell him how the mission went" she groaned but complied, letting me tuck her in. "Get some rest and renew your chakra, I'll be back in a bit" she nodded and rolled over, groaning in pain as she did so.

Time skip: To Gaara's apartment

I knocked on the door and a small come in was heard as I opened the door. "Hey Gaara, it's me" "Hey Naruto, mission done yet?" "Yeah, Kari is at home resting. She used up her chakra in the fight". He nodded and turned around "Take this to her, she'll feel better in a few hours if she takes it" "Ook, but what is it?" "Just give it to her and you'll see what it does" I nodded hesitantly and left with a goodbye heading back home. Kari was sleeping in bed and I set whatever the thing was in the kitchen, then I sat on the couch and relaxed 'My mission isn't done yet' I yawned and drifted off for an hour or two.