10.Maria Annoying Hill

"Holy shit this hurts! Oh my god! It's official, I am going to die!"

"Why is he so over dramatic?" Vex whispered, leaning into Steve.

Steve chuckled as he took off his gloves, setting them on top of his helmet. "I honestly don't know. I think it's a trait he picked up from Tony."

"Don't you lie!" Tony sneered. "I am not overdramatic! You know I hate it when you guys make fun of me!"

Steve rolled his eyes while Vex let out a small laugh. Her gaze traveled to Bruce who was sitting alone in a corner, listening to music.

"He needs the music to calm down," Steve explained quietly.

Vex nodded in understanding and quickly looked away from Bruce. Since she didn't like the silence, Vex broke it.

"Mr. Barton if you want, I can take away some of the pa-"

"Yes!" He shouted, cutting her off. "Please, please! Oh shit please for the love of Jesus Christ himself please!"

Vex laughed but stood up and made her way over to a dramatic Clint. He was lying on his stomach, his body being held up by some sort of table. Clint occasionally thrashed around and groaned, giving out small cries.

Holding out her hands, her signature color began to appear out of them. Her eyes turned the same light shade of purple and she placed her hands on Clint's side, causing him to flinch.

"It tickles!" He grinned, squirming away. Vex raised an eyebrow and Tony snorted. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Do it again."

Vex went to place her hands on his side but he squirmed away once more, giggling childishly.

"I'm sorry," he quickly apologized, laughing loudly.

"Don't be silly Mr. Barton, I haven't even touched you yet," Vex scolded, a small smile on her face.

"Alright mom," Clint muttered, rolling his eyes. He was smiling also and Vex laughed softly, putting her hands on his wounds.

Steve placed a hand on her shoulder and she shrugged it off gently. "I need complete concentration. Or else he could end up being in a lot more pain."

"Dude, leave!" Clint shouted, his blue eyes going extremely wide. "This shit already hurts!"

"Language!" Tony scolded teasingly, messing with Thor on the opposite side of the quinjet.

Vex laughed, removing her hands. "How does that feel Mr. Barton?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It feels amazing, and call me Clint," he replied. "I already feel like an old ass man."

Tony scoffed. "How many times do I have to tell you to watch your mouth?" He scolded, placing his hands on his hips.

He turned to Vex with a grin as he swung his hips. "This is how he does it right? This is how Cap does when he's mad?"

Vex tried to stifle her laughter as Steve came to her side and he muttered something under his breath.

"You humans are amusing!" Thor laughed, his voice booming throughout the entire quinjet.

Everyone immediately stopped laughing and looked at him with annoyed looks.

"What?" Thor asked, pouting. "I really did think that Mr. Stark's comment was amuse-"

"You're just making yourself look even worst," Vex told him quietly, scrunching up her nose.

He signed and sat down. "At least I tried," he mumbled to himself, "that's all that counts."

"Did we pass France already?" Vex asked, taking a seat. She looked over to Steve about the same time he looked at her.

"We passed it five minutes ago," Natasha told her nonchalantly.

Vex turned to face Steve with a glare, causing him to flinch back. "You're taking me to America?" She snapped, annoyed.

"Hey I didn't-"

"I did," Tony interrupted. "I'm throwing a party for my...excuse me, our success, and I thought it would be only fair for you to join us since you helped."

"I do not want to go to a party," Vex muttered. "I want to go home and relax."

"What? Paint your nails?" Natasha snorted, rolling her eyes.

"No!" Vex snapped. "I read! What do you do in your spare time? Kill innocent people?"

Natasha swallowed hard and made her way to the front of the quinjet.

"Well shit just got real, real quick," Tony commented, breaking the tense silence.

Steve sent him a look and he raised his hands up in defense. "I know I know. 'Tony said a bad word'," Tony mumbled sarcastically.

"We're here," Natasha announced, landing the quinjet. Without another word, she walked away with Clint by her side.

"Oh she's defiantly going to be a party pooper later on," Tony commented, taking a seat inside the quinjet.

"We've got the lab all set up for you boss," Maria Hill stated, coming onto the quinjet.

"Oh I'm not the boss, he is," Tony replied, "I just design and pay for everything, and make everyone look cooler."

When Tony pointed to Steve, Maria's gaze landed on Vex, who was standing next to him. Vex sent her a hard stare and Maria quickly averted her gaze.

Sensing the tense air, Steve cut in. "What's the word on Strucker?" He questioned, walking off the quinjet and gesturing for Vex to follow.

"N.A.T.O.S. got him," Maria replied, walking down a long hallway.

Steve handed Vex his shield and she grinned, taking it happily. "What about the two enhanced?"

"What?" Clint shouted from down the hall. "There were two of those fuckers out there?"

Steve chuckled and turned back to Maria, waiting for an answer. "Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins, orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed at their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history; it's nowhere special but it's on it's way to everywhere special."

"What can they do?" Vex asked, playing with Steve's shield. He chuckled dryly at her childish actions but didn't comment on them.

"Pietro has increased metabolism and improved homeostasis. Her thing is neuro-electric interfacing. Telekinesis, mind manipulation," Maria added.

Vex nodded in understanding while Steve looked extremely confused. Maria sighed as she tried to come up with an easier way to explain it. "He's fast, she's weird."

"Oh," Steve nodded. "Well they're going to show up again." He pressed the button on the elevator and waited for it to come.

"I agree," Maria replied, "file says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments, it's nuts."

Steve smiled slightly as he placed his hand on Vex's lower back, getting onto the elevator. "Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?"

Vex snorted at his comment and Steve returned it with a small smile. Maria Hill sent them both looks, as if her comment wasn't slightly rude.

"We aren't at war Captain," Maria told Steve, raising an eyebrow.

"They are," Steve shot back, just as Maria had exited the elevator. The doors closed before she could get in another word and Vex let out a breath of relief.

"Well she was annoying," she stated.

Steve sent her a look and raised an eyebrow. It took her a while but when she finally caught him staring her eyes went wide.

"What? It's true and you were thinking it," she defended quickly.

Steve chuckled and leaned back against one of the walls in the elevator.