19. Girl Power

"So how do your powers work again? I don't get it, what kind of magic do you have?"

Lila, Clint's eldest child, had latched on to Vex as soon as she had laid eyes on the woman. At the moment, they were both outside while Lila was trying to wrap her small brain around what Vex was telling her.

"Bad powers," Vex answered without hesitation as she dusted her pants off. She kicked up dirt with her heels and let out a small sigh.

Lila gasped and her crystal blue eyes went wide in shock. "So are you a villain?" she asked hesitantly.

Vex waited for a moment, hesitating, but answered when she saw the scared look on Lila's face. "No sweetheart, I am not a villain. My powers are just bad; they aren't to be used for good purposes."

"They have to be," Lila pouted as she sat down next to Vex on a log. She looked up at her with hope shining in her eyes and Vex couldn't help but smile. "What are your powers?"

"I have the power of chaos magic," Vex answered, looking down at the young girl.

Lila furrowed her eyebrows and her small lips pursed as she went into deep thought. "Wait, what does that mean? What can you do?"

"I cause chaos," Vex replied simply, shrugging nonchalantly. Her eyes wandered elsewhere but she could still feel Lila's intense gaze on her. "What is it?"

Lila looked down in embarrassment. "Can you show me? Your magic I mean. You don't have to if you don't want..." Lila rambled, playing with her small hands.

Vex sent the girl a warm smile as she looked around. Instantly, her gaze landed on Steve and Tony. They weren't arguing but there was tension in the air, making Vex smirk. It would only make it easier. Lila watched with wide eyes as Vex's blue irises began to turn purple. Her fingers twitched in the direction of the two men and Lila watched them. Their eyes turned purple for a split second before they went back to normal, both men glaring at each other.

Stark turned to his only form of defense besides his suit, sarcasm, and Steve wasn't in the mood for it. They began to yell at each other and Vex muttered a small curse under her breath, quickly standing up and going over to the men.

In a fit of anger, Steve picked up one of the logs and ripped it into two pieces, making his muscles bulge out of his tight shirt. He threw the pieces to the side carelessly and was about to go after Tony when he felt a hand being placed on his shoulder. Looking down, his eyes connected with blue ones and he instantly calmed down, sending Tony one last glare.

"Okay, that was hot," Vex commented, breaking the silence.

Steve sent her a look before he shook his head, a ghost of a smile on his face. Vex patted his shoulder and turned around, her gaze landing on a giggling Lila.

"Oh and I'm the chaos maker," Vex muttered sarcastically as she walked back over to Lila.

Lila held her hands up in defense as she backed away from Vex. The woman easily caught her and began to tickle her, giggles and pleas for her to stop filling her enhanced ears.

"Okay, I'm sorry," Lila laughed, hanging over Vex's shoulder. "Put me down!"

"What do you say?" Vex asked playfully, pretending to drop the young girl, smiling when she let out a small squeal.

"Please! Please let me down!" Lila rushed, giggling like crazy as Vex set her down. She leaned forward and backwards, still dizzy, and Vex let out a small laugh.

"That's what happens to trouble makers," Steve commented, coming up beside Lila and giving her a wink.

Lila smiled, a brush coming onto her cheeks as Vex rolled her eyes playfully. "Wait a minute, Vex was apart of it too," Lila complained with a frown.

Steve seemed to think about it before he nodded, sending Lila a sneaky smile. "You know what, I think you're right Lila," he grinned.

Vex looked between the two suspiciously and began to back away. Steve and Lila shared a look before they ran after Vex. Since he was faster, Steve easily caught Vex and picked her up bridal style, tickling her. He got down on his knees so that Lila was able to tickle her also and let out a laugh when Vex began to giggle childishly.

"No! Stop! This isn't fair!" she shouted, her face turning red from laughter.

"I think she's had enough, what do you say?" Steve questioned, raising an eyebrow in Lila's direction.

"I think it's Steven's turn," Vex grinned, her eyes glowing purple. Steve quickly backed away but fell when Vex jumped on top of him, tickling the blonde.

"But I didn't do anything!" He laughed, protecting his sides. Lila came over and began to tickle Steve also, making him gasp in shock. "Lila! Who's side are you on?"

"Girl power dude, sorry," Lila said, giving him a sheepish smile before she continued to tickle him with Vex.

"Lila, get off of Steve before he pulls something," Clint joked, coming onto the porch.

Lila smacked her lips as she reluctantly walked away, going to stand next to her father with a frown on his face. Vex and Steve stood up, the latter sending the brunette a glare. She only smiled in response and winked at him, making him quickly turn away to hide his blush.

"Oh yeah, you guys are so mature," Clint muttered, sipping his coffee as he led Lila back into the house.