22. Mo' Babies, Less Problems

–

Vex is basically a more advanced, lavender themed, version of MCU Wanda and basically an equivalent to comic book Wanda...almost. And I love it.

The reason for the lavender/purple/lilac? I was just completely obsessed with lavender for a long period of time. It was even my username for almost a year I think.

That was random and awkward and totally unnecessary

"Shit is going to get real in a bit, I can feel it, in my stomach...and my breasts."

"You've been saying that for the past ten minutes," Steve frowned, struggling to fix his suit.

Vex shrugged, standing up and facing Steve. His breath got caught in his throat as she helped him fix his suit, saying nothing the entire time.

"My breasts are never wrong Steven," she smiled, glancing up at him.

Steve chuckled. "Of course they aren't," he joked, nudging the brunette playfully.

"What the hell is going on between you two, did you take my advice and make babies last night?" Tony asked innocently, also putting on his suit.

"I would also like to know," Clint piped up from the front of the quinjet, turning around slightly. "I had children in the house, if you hadn't noticed."

"Oh they noticed, they were making more babies. You know the saying 'more babies less problems'," Tony shot back.

"I think the correct phrase is-"

"Mo babies, mo problems. Trust me, I know this shit," Clint groaned from his seat, making Vex laugh slightly.

"We were not making babies," she chuckled, tucking strands of hair behind her ear absentmindedly.

"My otp," Tony gasped, placing a hand over his mouth. "Bruce and I spent all night coming up with ship names and drawings. We even determined what your children would look like."

"Steven Jr. would be a very sassy little boy," Bruce murmured, cursing when a drawing of Steve, Vex, and two small children, who shared equally similar traits to the pair, fell out of his notebook.

Vex's eyes went wide in shock while Steve coughed awkwardly, blushing as he turned the other way. Tony sighed, placing his hands on his hips as he watched Bruce pick up the other drawings that had fell out of his notebook.

"I will go down with Sex," Tony promised the two, seriousness lacing his tone as he faced them.

They snorted. "We all know you will," Vex mumbled under her breath.

Tony narrowed his eyes at her, though he didn't comment on that. "Sex is your otp name."

Steve's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, sharing a look with Vex. "Why in the hell-"

"Because it's so obvious that you're a ninety year old virgin," Tony laughed, doubled over as his loud laughter filled the jet.

"Asshole," Vex muttered. "What about Stex? Or Veve?"

"I like Veve," Steve said with a small shrug, pursing his lips nonchalantly.

He received an eye roll in response. "That's only because it doesn't sound like sex."

"Maybe Ultron can help you two figure it out while he and the twins are kicking your ass," Natasha muttered, the jet coming to a stop.

"Well isn't she just pleasant?" Vex chuckled, the redhead's comment not bothering her at all. "Maybe he can help you with your ship name with Bruce. I heard that field is his expertise."

Natasha mumbled something incoherent under her breath and Vex smirked, pulling hair hair into a ponytail. Tony placed an earpiece in her ear, the blue eyed woman quickly pressing it and moving towards the back of the quinjet.

"You know, you don't have to go out there," Vex told Steve as he got a parachute out and onto his back. "All I have to do is-"

Steve sent her a look of disbelief. "I'm not letting you go out there alone. I know you can handle yourself but there's always risks."

"Yeah and Captain America don't take no risks," she muttered as she rolled her eyes, tightening her ponytail and blowing him a raspberry.

"Don't sass me," Steve scolded, sending her a look as the back of the quinjet began to open.

Vex stifled a laugh but her face fell as she looked down at the commotion. The woman felt something stir inside of her. Destruction; it caused an involuntary smile to form on her face. No matter how hard she tried, how much she practiced and strained, there would always be that part of her that enjoyed seeing others in pain, or dying. Her stomach dropped and her blue eyes fluttered shut, a light purple aura surrounding her body faintly.

"You don't have to go down there if you don't want," Steve told her, eyeing her actions warily.

He received no answer for a while before Vex's eyes shot open, her purple irises filled with determination as she sent him a smirk.

"I'm not letting you do this alone, Captain."

Swiftly and too quick for Steve's eyes to follow, Vex exited the quinjet, landing on top of a car without getting a scratch on her.

Steve mumbled something about how 'he didn't know how she did it' before he followed after her. They made their way to Helen Cho, who was bleeding profusely.

"I can fix it," Vex told the woman, helping her remove her white coat. She mumbled apologies as Helen winced and her eyes involuntarily flashed lilac.

"You have to get the cradle," Helen told them, her hands shaking. "Ultron, he has the cradle."

Vex turned to Steve, who seemed to want to help Helen. "Steve, I'll help Helen. Go..save the world, I guess."

Steve nodded and hesitated once more, receiving an irritated glare from Vex. "Why are you still standing here? Go get the twins and Ultron."

"It's okay, I'm going to fix this," Vex tried to stay calm as she struggled to control herself. The blood on Helen and her own hands made flashbacks appear in her mind and she winced, closing her eyes tightly.

"Are you okay?" Helen asked, glancing at the distraught young woman warily. She was beginning to inch away from her but stopped when Vex opened her eyes.

"I'm not the one who's bleeding. Of course I'm alright!"