27. Overdue

this book passed 90k reads omg!!! you guys are so amazing I can't even begin to explain the love I have for all of you. thank you guys so much.

♡

"Is it over?" Vex grumbled through her earpiece, her eyes closed tightly as she held back screams of pain. She had to break her leg again so that it would heal right and it hurt worst than when it originally happened.

"Not yet no. Don't worry, you're still getting that kiss when it's over," Steve reassured her after a few moments. "How do you feel?"

"Like shit," she replied harshly, feeling pain flood through her again. Steve winced at the sound of her voice, feeling sorry for the brunette.

"Stop being mushy on the comms!" Clint shouted as he barged into the shack in which Vex sat, Wanda running in right behind the man. "We can hear you!"

His frown fell when he noticed the state Vex was in and struggled to say anything. The woman noticed and she smiled slightly.

"I got taken out by a damn robot," she said, "threw me into some rubble and the rubble happened to have glass in it as well."

Clint flinched at the sound of it and flinched again when a piece of glass fell out of Vex's leg, on its own. "Alright well..Wanda may be having a mental breakdown so I'm leaving her here with you."

Wanda, who was quiet the entire time, watched as Clint left. Her left eye was twitching and Vex noticed how she held her hands at her sides, her fists balled up.

"What happened out there?" the woman asked hesitantly, eyeing the brunette carefully. Wanda didn't answer for a while, and Vex assumed she hadn't heard her.

"I-this is my fault. I helped him. If I hadn't helped Ultron, none of this would've happened," Wanda spoke with tears in her eyes and her irises flashed red.

"Wanda this would've happened with or without you. Yes, you helped speed up the process but who cares. You didn't start this...but you can help them finish it," Vex told her, groaning right after.

"What about you? Are you going out there?" Wanda watched Vex's movements, something she always did when she was in the woman's presence.

"I can't. Cap's orders." Vex offered Wanda a weak smile but the latter saw right through it, frowning as she moved closer to her.

"I can help you, can't I?" Wanda questioned, inspecting Vex's injuries. "I can do what you do, and can't you heal people?"

"Yes, but it takes practice and it will physically drain you. It can drain you mentally as well and that's not good," Vex shook her head, backing away from Wanda.