17.Momma Vex

After Vex used her magic to undo Wanda's spell on the Avengers, she and Clint had helped them all onto the quinjet. Tony had arrived about thirty minutes later with Bruce by his side. Steve seemed like he was the only one unaffceted by Wanda's magic and it slightly bothered Vex, though she would never comment on it.

Since natasha was incapacitated at the moment, Clint was operating the quinjet by himself. Bruce was in the corner, lying down as he listened to his lullaby, stirring and crying out every other minute. Tony was standing off to the side, quiet as he looked towards the ground.

Thor looked perplexed as he sat on Vex's left side. She watched him with interest as he pondered something she knew nothing of. Steve was sitting on Vex's right side, his head in his hands as he leaned forward.

Feeling bad, she slowly placed a hand on his back. He jumped slightly and when he saw that it was Vex, he calmed down and went back to his position as she rubbed small circles in his back.

Slowly, Natasha stood up, her face void of all emotions. She walked over to the front of the quinjet and grabbed a tablet, pressing a couple of buttons. There was a small tv in the quinjet and it suddenly turned on, causing everyone to look over at it.

Bruce sighed as he listened to the news report, not even bothering to look at the damage Wanda had made him inflict on the city.

"Well it's official, they hate us," Natasha announced, everyone looking over at her.

"I thought everyone already hated you guys," Vex thought aloud, raising an eyebrow.

Steve looked up at her, giving her an incredulous look, and her face fell. She mumbled a small, "sorry" and put her head down.

The sound of Maria Hill's voice filled Vex's ears but she ignored it. Her head was aching terribly from the overuse of her magic. Steve watched her warily from his side vision, wondering if he should help her or not.

As if she had read his mind, Vex chuckled dryly. "I'm not the one who needs help here Steve. You're the one who just came out of a horrible vision. Though it couldn't have been that horrible considering you look nothing like your fellow teammates."

Steve didn't say a word and Vex shrugged, rubbing her temples once more. She turned her attention to the front of the quinjet and listened to the last bit of what Maria had said.

"You guys should lay low for a while...all of you," she stated, her voice serious.

"I know a place," Clint said, ending the call before Maria could get another word in. Pressing a couple of buttons, he smiled slightly and focused his attention back to the view.

"Thor, are you alright?" Vex asked, eyeing the tall blonde warily as he stood alone in a corner.

Thor snapped out of whatever trance he seemed to be in and nodded hesitantly, making the brunette raise an eyebrow. "Yes, yes. I am fine Lady Vex, thank you," he mumbled, placing his hand on his beard, stroking it as he went back into deep thought.

"Hey Clint, where are we going?" Vex asked, repositioning her body so that she was facing him. She would've let them come stay at her place, considering the fact that nobody knew where it was.

"To a safe house," was all Clint said, turning his head slightly so that Vex could hear him better.

Vex nodded and leaned back into her seat, letting out a lathe exhale. Feeling Steve's intense gaze on her, she rolled her eyes. "Is something bothering you, Mr. Rogers?" She asked, her tone slightly harsh.

Steve hesitated but nodded confidently after a while. "Yes, something is bothering me. I want to know how-"

"I managed to escape the 'evil' clutches of Wanda?" Vex finished sarcastically, her blue eyes tired.

Steve nodded and Vex smiled slightly, tapping her temple. He looked at her in confusion but she only laughed in reply, closing her eyes.

"You know, you're one to talk," Tony interrupted, getting up from his seat.

Steve sent Tony a shocked looked, slightly offended by his words though he didn't know where the man was coming from. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. You want to know why Vex didn't get put under a spell but you look like Wanda didn't even get to you," Tony said, glaring at Steve.

Steve's blue eyes narrowed into small slits as he stared Tony down. "You have no idea what I saw!" Steve snapped angrily, standing up. "You seem pretty intact yourself."

He pushed Tony back and everyone turned their attention to the two men. Vex however, stayed in her spot, her eyes closed and her face expressionless.
"Stop fighting," she ordered softly.

The two men didn't listen and continued to argue. At first, it stayed at a minimum but the volume grew. Vex scrunched her face up, irritated.

"Stop fighting," she repeated, her voice a bit sterner and louder this time.

The fighting continued and she growled under her breath. Opening her eyes, they began to glow purple and the two men flew to opposite ends of the quinjet.

Everyone looked at Vex and she shrugged, closing her eyes once more.

"I told you two, to stop fighting."