26. Elizabeth

I'm Sex(Steve/Vex) trash alright, don't touch me!!

§

"These people are so damn hard-headed!"

Vex grumbled angrily as she used her magic to lure Sokovian's out of their homes, so that Pietro could guide them to safety. Wanda was doing the same but she didn't seem to be doing any better, the teenager struggling immensely.

I'll have to help her with that, Vex thought to herself, pausing briefly to glance over at the brunette. The Avengers were all spread out through Sokovia, all of them trying to evacuate citizens and fight to robots.

"I can't believe I signed up for this," Vex mumbled, bringing her hand up to block the sun from hitting her eyes as she looked up. Multiple robots flew around, with Vision and Tony following after them, bringing most of the Iron Legions down. She took down as many as she could before she began to rely on her psychical strength again.

"Why would you sign up..for this?" Wanda questioned, shielding herself from a possibly fatal blast.

Vex snorted as she motioned towards Wanda's powers, and their affects. "Why did you sign up for that?"

"For my country," Wanda replied, as if Vex was supposed to know. "That's why!"

"Well, I did it for the world; to save it." Vex shielded Wanda, saving her for what seemed like the fifth time today.

Wanda hesitantly thanked the brunette before she went off to find her twin brother. Just as she left, Steve joined her side, helping her when she needed it.

"You know," Vex began as she breathed heavily, "we may die today."

Steve stopped for a moment before he continued fighting, nodding slowly. "Yeah, I guess...what about it?"

"I could really go for that kiss right now," she said, smiling as Steve's determined frown turned into a small grin.

"Maybe after," Steve told the brunette, still grinning as he destroyed robots alongside her.

Vex made a look of surprise, and Steve couldn't help but let out a laugh. "I swear to god Steven, as soon as that last robot hits the ground I'm going to rock your damn world."

Steve sent her a lopsided grin, "I'm pretty sure you've already done that," he replied.

"No flirting on the battlefield," Clint groaned, being tossed to the side by a robot that Steve easily took down. "Fuckers."

"Watch your mouth around Steve," Vex joked, though her mood dropped when she was thrown onto a car by one of the Iron Legions.

The brunette grunted as she raised her hand, purple light emitting from her palm and hitting the robot square in the face. Steve barely missed the lifeless object as it was thrown past him and Vex sputtered out an apology. He helped the young woman up and pressed his earpiece.

"Why are we moving?" he questioned, hoping someone wasn't too occupied to answer as the ground began to shake.

"Well, it may be associated with the fact that we're slowly being lifted into the air," Tony stated sarcastically, "but what do I know?"

"Do you know that you're a dick?" Clint asked, now nowhere to be seen, which confused Vex to no end.

"For Christ's sake, there are children on the comms," Vex grumbled as she referred to the twins, "watch your mouth."

Vex wasn't given time to react when she and Steve were suddenly being thrown six feet from their original spot, onto the hard ground. The blue eyed woman groaned as she pulled small pieces of glass out of her arm and left leg.

Steve stared down at her in concern -the blonde getting up quicker than she did- and Vex waved him off. "I'm fine, I just landed in a bit of glass."

"Sweet lord," Steve muttered, shaking his head as he mumbled about Vex being 'under dramatic'. He picked the brunette up easily -bridal style- and ignored her protests.

"Put me down," Vex ordered, using her powers to destroy any robots that tried to come their way.

Steve didn't say anything as he led her to an abandoned shack, setting her down. Vex hit his chest, though she winced when she realized that it was her bad arm.

"Stay here. I'll come get you later once you heal," Steve told her, sticking his index finger out and pointing it at her.

Vex smacked it away angrily, cursing when she remembered -again- that she had used her left arm. "I am fine Steve. I'll just use my pow-"

"No, then you won't heal correctly," Steve cut her off angrily. She was so set on helping, it made Steve angry though he wanted to be proud of her for changing her ways. "Just, please for once, listen to me."

The brunette crossed her arms over her chest before she grumbled a small 'fine' childishly. Steve nodded, feeling a bit accomplished, and smiled slightly. He pulled the young woman forward and placed a kiss on her head. 

"You missed the mark, you were supposed to go like a foot lower," Vex pointed out, managing a smile through her pain when Steve blushed.

"Stay here," he repeated, "and stop saying inappropriate things."

Vex smacked her lips in irritation, glaring up at the man. "I swear, you are the reason our relationship is going absolutely nowhere. Except in your dreams of course."

Steve sent her a flabbergasted look, his eyes wide. "What the hell-"

"I can read your goddamn mind Steve, I know about your wet dream. Is that what you think I look like naked?" Vex questioned.

Steve didn't have anything to say in reply to that, so instead, he changed the subject. "J-just don't do anything stupid!"

"Stupid's my middle Mon Chèr," Vex grinned, using a piece of her sweater as a tourniquet for her arm.

The blonde sent her an unimpressed look just as he went to leave the safety of the shack and received a smile in return.

"I'm joking, it's Elizabeth!"

I was supposed to be writing this but instead I got sidetracked and published a Sebastian Stan fic, you guys should check it out! http://my.w.tt/UiNb/fTXb4hmZ5t