Chapter Ten

Hello :)

Once again sorry for the long wait, but it's probably going to be the way it is for the next couple of weeks, since I have a few test weeks coming up and I already have a lack of time... sorry! :(

I do have some good news to tell you, though. 

First of all, I've uploaded the introduction and the prologue of my second book, Warm Night. It's Niam, of course, and it's a werewolf story since most votes went for that. I don't know if you already read or seen it, but it would really mean a lot to me if you'd just check it out and leave some feedback. You can find it in the external link and of course on my profile page.  :)

Second, I'm working on (bromance) one shots. I've already got a few written, but I'm not going to post them until I have at least ten or so. I work mainly on requests, so you are free to send me all prompts and ideas you've got! I'll write pretty much anything, so don't be afraid to request. :D

Third, there is going to be a sequel to Meant To Be. Don't worry, it's still far away and Meant To Be isn't even closed to finished, hell no. I'm not going to tell you details about this sequel, because I'd have to tell too much about what happens later in Meant To Be already. I just wanted to let you know. ;)

Now, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter and don't forget to comment, vote and spread the book! ;)

-----

Liam P.O.V.

I smile happily, while letting my gaze drift off to the sleeping beauty in my arms.

Niall looks stunning, really. His hair is rather messy, so a few dyed blond locks fall loosely on his pale forehead. I can’t help myself from ruffling through it softly with my free hand. My other hand is slowly rubbing circles on his skin, and my arm is carefully wrapped around his waist. His head is nuzzled in my chest, and he is holding me into a tight embrace. His heat is radiating on me, and I can hear soft, calm breaths escaping his slightly parted mouth.

If this is how Niall sleeps, I'd be more than willing to let him sleep on my lap more often.

He fell asleep quite a while ago - I don't know how long exactly - and it's starting to get dark now. It' surprises me how fast this day went by, and I have to admit that it's a pity that it's already coming to an end. Today was nice; I liked spending some time with Niall in the park. It's about time to go home now, though.

Well, actually my house is not really his home. I mean, I wouldn't mind him officially moving in with me or something, but he probably has his own house somewhere. His own house, his own friends and his own life...

A life that I took from him when I brought him with me.

It's been a few days already that he's been living with me, and he appears to be rather happy, but I sometimes wonder if he's actually hurting inside. That would actually be more than normal, right?    Maybe he had a happy, content life, and I took that from him. Maybe he had nice friends and family who he loved and cared about, and I took that from him. Maybe he even had a girlfriend.

I frown slightly at that thought; Niall maybe had - or has - a girlfriend. A girlfriend. I can't help but consider that as a very disturbing thought.

Damnit, Payne! What did you think, that he's actually gay? He's probably just straight as a ruler! And then again, he'd never like you. You tried killing him multiple times, and even if he would be gay, that still wouldn't make him vampiresexual or something. Get real.