Chapter 12

~Elina's PoV~

When I was on my way to leave the hospital. I heard Shikamaru and Naruto's muffled voices through the door I am now standing in front of. They were shouting something and it sounds like their in trouble. I slammed the door open and stormed in the room.

"Whats happen--" I didnt finish my sentence when I saw Gaara standing next to the unconscious Lee's bed. Sand was wrapping around him but he stopped when Gaara saw me, eyes widened.

My eyes were also widened in shock. He's trying to kill my friends too...? It must be Shukaku's thirst for blood. Also, Lee.... He was in a very critical condition after his fight with Gaara, Kakashi informed me about this. What saddens me more is that there is a possibility that Lee wont be able to continue as a ninja.

"Elina! T-this guy.... He's trying to kill Lee!" Naruto exclaimed. Gaara's arms went limp back to his sides and the sand was slowly returning back to his gourd, him still staring at me with widened eyes.

I shook my head, grabbed Gaara's arm and lead him out of the hospital. I turned to face him and grabbed his hand to be able to talk Shukaku.

"What are you trying to do?!" I screamed towards Shukaku who stared at me in silence, not making any movements at all. I clenched my jaw and fists, "Are you making him kill Lee?!"

"It was not I. It was his decision to kill him." Shukaku said making me freeze and look up at him, not believing him.

"What?"

"As I said, it was Gaara that wants to kill him, not I. It is not always me who is thirsty for blood." He was trying to kill Lee to satisfy his own thirst for blood? I thought.... I thought it has been Shukaku manipulating him to kill this whole time.... I heard Shukaku sigh making me look up at him.

"It seems I have grown soft after we met you...." Shukaku muttered to himself then his red eyes looked down towards me. "You have to forgive him.... He has been like this since he was a child and he grew up with it, killing and shedding blood. It is the only way to satisfy him. And yes, I influenced him with it and now, I cannot be able to stop him. You are the only one who can stop this, to stop the insanity that he's slowly falling into by me."

"....I'll do it."

"There is one more thing I have to say to you. Trouble is near and there is a possibility that I may lose control of myself and take over Gaara. I wish you luck, Elina..." Shukaku's voice then faded away and I was back to reality. Gaara was staring at his hand that is being held by both of my hands.

Also, it looked like that Gaara did not hear anything what we said. Shukaku must have blocked him out to avoid him hearing our conversation. I sighed and let go of his hand.

"Gaara. Why are you trying to kill Lee?" He stayed silent and when I asked him again, I received the same silence. I sighed once again and looked up at him with a smile.

"Well, I'll forgive you for now but I can't let you try and kill my friends or even one of the people in our village. I... I just cant let that happen." Gaara mutely nodded and I held his hand again with a smile.

"Remember, Gaara. I'll always be there for you." I winked and started to leave. But, I was stopped when sand covered me and pulled me back towards Gaara. I was quite shocked when Gaara embraced me, he has never done this before.... I felt him bury his face on my shoulder and embraced me tighter.

"Gaara...? Are you okay....?" I asked as I hugged back. He was shaking, like he is crying....

"Please....dont leave.... me...." He whispered lowly. I smiled sadly and rubbed his back.