Ending

This is a song that I think goes with this entire story. Also I really love this song.

I can feel myself slipping away. I've lived a good life. And now it's time for me to leave.

I walk towards the same bright light I saw in that hospital room that day. Except this time I can't chose to live or die. As a kid I was always scared of life after death. I would worry I'd never see my family again. I'm about to find out if my childhood fears were true.

I didn't know where I was. I was just stood looking around. This place It was beautiful.
But the beautiful scenery could never match the beauty of Dan's voice. I heard his voice behind me. I turned around to see my best friend in person. I don't think I ever hugged someone so quick before. It was one of the best feelings ever to hug Dan again. After years of not seeing, hearing, or touching him I was finally able to again.

It wasn't until I hugged Dan that I realized I was young again. This place was all I could have ever dreamed of.

"Long time no see" Dan laughed.

"This is amazing!" I reply

"This is just the meeting room. Way more to see in the town." Dan informed me

"What?" I asked

"There is no Heaven or Hell. It's just a kind of in between place where you live with your family and friends after life." Dan said

"Oh" I replied.

"Wanna go and see some of your family?" Dan asked

"Yeah but I wanna just spend some time with you right now." I told him

Dan smiled and I smiled right back to him. I felt content and loved.
I always wondered what it would be like meeting Dan again and I can truthfully say it's worth all the pain I went through in life. And now I'm truly happy. Happy with Dan.

-------------

Thank you so much for reading! This has been such a fun story to write. I made the after life in a way so I wouldn't have to bring religion into the story in case it would have started drama.

I have another phanfiction called "Vote" you should check it out.

Don't forget to comment and vote!