Chapter Seven

"Where's Micah?" Paisley asked as we were walking down the side walk to School.

"He hardly got any sleep last night so Gail let him stay home." I replied.

Paisley left it at that and we continued our walk to school, eating our donuts that Beatrice had made the night before.

We arrived at school and a guy from my algebra class came over to me. Is not like me at all, he's more like one of the popular kids.

"Hey your Eva, right?" He asked as he smiled down at me like Micah does except his smile isn't as cute as Micahs.

"Umm yeah and you are?" I replied.

"Zach Johnson."

"Oh, okay, what did you need?"

"I'm having a party at my place tonight for the sophmore class. Everyone that's a sophmore is invited." He said still smiling at me.

"I don't think I'd be welcome." I kind of laughed and started to walk off.

He ran in front of me and insisted that I go. Something didn't feel right though.

"Does it make a difference if I come or not? I mean I'm a nobody. Just stick with your popular group and leave me alone." I said and pushed past him to go to first period before I was late.

"So, are you going to go to that party for the sophomores? " paisley asked.

"No, I don't think so." I replied.

"Why not? Will you please go with me?"

I didn't answer for a moment and I thought to myself.. I had to go with her, especially if something didn't feel right.

"Okay, I'll go and only if Micah goes. You have to promise though if Micah says no that you won't go because I have a bad feeling."

"Nothing bad is go-" She started but I interrupted her.

"Promise me."

"Okay fine I promise."

***

After school I walked out to see Micah waiting outside of the school for me and Paisley.

"How was school?" He asked as we walked up to him.

"It was okay, there's a sophmore party at Zach Johnson's house tonight and Paisley really wants us to go." I said, keeping to my word.

"I don't think so. That's not really my scene." He replied and Paisley looked upset.

I felt bad but I really think it's for the best that we didn't go anyway so I didn't push the subject on Micah.

"We can all watch movies tonight and have a slumber party." I said enthusiastically, trying to get paisley to cheer up.

"No, I think I'm just going to stay home." Paisley said in a sad tone.

***

"Eva! Come her quick!" Gail said hollering and sounded worried.

I ran down stairs and she ushered me to the kitchen were the landline was.

I picked up the phone and said, "hello?"

"Eva, i-I ne-ne-need you. I'm at Z-zachs party." Paisley said bawling into the phone.

"I'll be right there." I said and hung up the phone.

"Micah! We need to go now! Something's wrong with Paisley!" I hollered and Gail ran out to the truck and started it.