Chapter Twelve

I sat up on the bed and stretched. Micah wasn't next to me and I almost felt relieved. I love him but he's starting to scare me.

I woke up late and I knew I was going to be late for school. Why didn't Micah wake me?

I got up and got dressed and went downstairs. Gail and Micah weren't home and the truck was gone.

I stepped out of my door and headed down the side walk.

"Hey, I thought you were sick." Gail said as she pulled up beside me.

"No, why would you think that?" I asked.

"Micah told me you were. Hop in I'll get you to School."

Why the hell would he say that?

Gail dropped me off at school and I walked in. I was ten minutes late and I knew I wouldn't be able to get into my first class because the door would be locked.

I walked to the main office and sat there, waiting for the bell to ring. It was pretty boring just sitting there, doing nothing.

The bell finally rang and headed to my biology class. Micah was sitting next to Cheyenne and they were flirting with each other. He grabbed her hand softly and pulled her closer and whispered something in her ear that made her giggle.

May be this is why he didn't wake me.

I snuck into the back and slammed my books down, startling Micah and Cheyenne.

Micah looked back at me and gave me sad confused eyes.

I didn't say anything to him. I was hurt and mad at the same time. I remember he used to do that to me when we first met. Maybe he's just a player.

***

"Are you serious?" Paisley asked in anger.

"Dead serious and he didn't even say anything to me. Plus he still say by her." I replied.

"That's bullshit. What's his problem?"

"I don't know. Can I stay over here tonight? I dint want to see his stupid face."

"Of course you can. You dint have to ask."

I shrugged my shoulders and called Gail to let her know what I was doing. I didn't tell her anything else and when she said Micah wanted to talk to me I hung up. I'm not going to talk to him I refuse to. Why do I love him so much? Is it because he's the first and only boy to really give me attention? Who knows.

"So, have you heard from your mom?" Paisley asked out of nowhere.

"No, she stopped coming around when I quit my job. I have no money to give her, that she knows of." I replied.

"We should go get some ice cream."

Paisley and her pregnancy cravings I swear.

I smiled and nodded my head.

We got to the ice cream parlor and walked in at first I didn't notice them but I heard Cheyennes smug little annoying laugh.

I looked over to see Micah with her and he kissed her cheek. She pulled away and turned her face to kiss him on the lips.

I turned away with a tear rolling down my face.

"What's wrong?" Paisley asked still not noticing them.

I didn't say anything but she finally figured it out.

Before I knew it Paisley was over there.

"What's wrong with you Micah? Your not the sane guy that I met. You have a girlfriend and your over here making out with a total skank."

"Please don't tell Eva, it won't happen again." He pleaded. He didn't recognize me.

" I don't have to tell her. She saw it for herself." Paisley said in anger and walked away, pulling me out of the parlor.

***

"Are you going to break up with him?" Paisley asked as we sat on her porch swing.

"I don't know. I want things to go back to before, when he was nice and sweet. I don't know him anymore, maybe I never did." I replied. I was in pain, I was broken.

"I'm sorry this is happening to you Eva. I'm sure grandma will let you move in with us. She considers you family."

"I don't know. I'll let you know. I want to fix things with him. I want to try."

Paisey just gave me a disappointed look and I ignored it. I knew what she was thinking. I know I'm out of my mind for trying to make things work but I have to try at least one more time.

***

I woke up and went across the street to my house. The pick up wasn't there so I assumed Gail was gone, I was right.

Micah was up and in the living room watching tv ans his eyes lit up when he saw me.

"Why? " I asked trying to hold back the tears.

"I don't know baby. I'm sorry. I don't know why I did it." He replied.

I was getting sick of this but I love him and I want this to work.

"Did you have sex with her?" I asked now with the pain coming up in my throat.

"What?" He replied.

"Did you have sex with her and don't lie to me."

"Y-yes." He stuttered out.

I was so hurt that the tears just over flowed and flooded my face with tears.

"Why would you do that to me?!" I screamed.

He got up and pulled me close to him and hugging me like he always does when he messes up.

"No, get away from me." I said and pushed him away.

He looked at me stunned and I could see the tears falling from his cheek.

"Why would you do this to me? I love you!" I was so emotional that I didn't know what to do.

"I don't know! I have problems Eva. I love you so much!"

I couldn't stop crying. This was to much. Why did everything I love not love me back like I loved them.

"I want you to be my first." I spoke up.

"What?"

"You heard me."

I didn't know what I was doing all I knew was I wanted to keep him and this is how I thought everything would go back to normal.

We went upstairs and he laid me on the bed, kissing me. I wasn't into it but I had to do this.