Chapter Seventeen

"Eva, Paisley! That nice young man Luke is here." I heard Beatrice holler.

I sat up in my bed and stretched. I was still in my pajamas but I didn't care.

I stopped by Paisleys room and seen she was sitting up in bed.

"I'll have him come in here." I said and walked into the living room.

"Hey, good morning." Luke said as he saw me coming out.

"Morning, we can go to Paisleys room." I said and walked back to the hallway with Luke following me.

We all sat on the bed and Paisley looked really tired but she still had her sweet little grin on her face.

"Micah came to the diner looking for you guys. I think he's trying to follow you." Luke said.

"That's great. He's becoming an obsessive stalker." I replied.

Luke just looked at me with a sadness in his eye.

"I'm sorry Eva I wish there was something I could do." Luke said and hugged me.

"Its okay, he's a psycho and there's nothing I can do about it at this point." I replied.

***

Me, Paisley, and Luke all went to the park nearby and sat on a park bench talking.

"You know once my baby gets old enough I'm going to be here a lot." Paisley said smiling at the thought.

"I'll be right there with you." I replied.

"Me too, I hope." Luke said smiling at the both of us.

It was peaceful at the park and I loved it. That was until Micah showed up with Cheyenne.

"Maybe we should go." I said starting to stand up but Micah and Cheyenne approached us.

"Having fun with your new boyfriend?" Micah asked with a sneer.

"He's not my boyfriend Micah We are just friends." I replied.

"You know what I regret? I regret pretending I wanted you, that I loved you. It was a relief when you left." Micah said coldly.

"That's nice. That's why you are stalking me and leaving notes on my window seal?" I said back coldly. He was starting drama for nothing.

"Yeah right Eva, He loves me now. He's always wanted me. He even told me so last night." Cheyenne joined in.

"That's fine." Is all I said not wanting to Be bothered by them.

"That's why he cheated on you with me." Cheyenne continued to talk like usual.

"That's fine. Just wait till he starts hitting you." I said and walked away, Paisley and Luke following behind me.

"Wait, he hit you?" Luke finally spoke up.

"Yeah." Is all I could say.

I don't know what Micah was trying to do by telling me what he did back at the park but I knew he was lying. I didn't even care. I don't think I really loved him either. I think it was just because he was the first guy to give me attention and to like me.

***

"Are you going to the prom this coming up saturday?" Paisley asked as we sat in our fifth period class.

The prom was an end of the year thing for everyone in highschool. School was almost out for the summer.

"Probably not. I have no one to go with." I replied.

"I'm going. Chris Fretner asked me this morning." Paisley said with a huge grin.

"That's great. I'm happy for you." I said smiling back at her.

Just then the bell rang and I walked out of the class room. Luke came up to me and got down on one knee like he was going to propose. He pulled out a single rose from behind his back and asked, "will you go to prom with me?"

I smiled so big and blushed so bad I hid my face with my hands.

"Yes, I'll go with you." I said and took the rose. He got up off of the ground and hugged me.

I think I was starting to like Luke. He was so kind and sweet and I knew he wasn't like Micah.

I looked and saw Micah. He was furious like always. I think more so now that Luke had asked me to prom.

I heard Cheyenne say, "Why can't you ask me to prom like that?" But Micah ignored her. He just stared at me with burning eyes.

I quickly walked away with Luke and Paisley. Micah was seriously starting to freak me out. Gail needed to do something with him before he ended up like his father.

Before I walked in the door to my next class Micah yanked on my arm and pulled me backwards.

"How could you do this to me Eva? " He asked with a burning in his voice.

"Do what? We are over Micah. Get it through your head already. I don't want to be with you anymore. Why can't you understand that? You have messed up way to many times and I thought you were relieved when I left? I thought you never loved me and always wanted Cheyenne? No leave me alone." I said and walked away, into my class.