Chapter Fifteen

"Has he tried contacting you again?" Paisley asked as we sat on my bed eating Beatrices homemade cookies.

"No, not since that note a week ago. Maybe he finally gets the picture that I'm done with him." I replied.

"I wonder why he hasn't been at School." Paisley continued talking about him.

"Probably because he punched Luke in the face, He probably got suspended." I replied not wanting to talk about him anymore.

"What are you going to do when he comes back?"

"Nothing, I'm going to ignore him. Not much I can do. We go to the same school."

"Is it going to be hard for you to stay away from him?"

"No, Paisley, I'm tired of his abuse now can we please stop talking about him please." I said kind of rudely.

"Gosh sorry."

"I'm sorry Paisley, I just don't want to talk about him and I don't understand why you do." I said.

She didn't have the chance to say anything because there was a knock on the door and Beatrice was at a doctor appointment.

"See who it is first. If it's Micah don't answer it." Paisley said.

I went to the door and looked out the window, It was Zach.

I opened the door and said, "what the hell are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to Paisley." He replied.

"No, I don't think so."

"Come in." I heard Paisley say behind me.

Zach walked in and just stood there, silent.

"Well what do you want Zach?" Paisley asked in a mean way.

"Paisley, I'm.. I'm.. sorry." Zach mumbled out.

"Your sorry? Really? You think sorry is going to fix what you and your buddies did? One of you got me pregnant Zach and I didn't want this." Paisley said, starting to raise her voice.

"I regret.. what I did.. I know sorry isn't going to fix anything.. but I want to help you and do whatever I can to make it up to you.. can I do that?" Zach said.

Paisley laughed a non happy laugh and said, "Your kidding me right? How will you ever make this up to me? You raped me!" Paisley said with tears in her eyes but they weren't tears of sadness, they were tears of anger and hatred.

"Paisley, please forgive me. I really did like you and I still do I don't know why I did that."

"Please get out." I said, opening the door.

Zach stood there for a moment and then walked out. Paisley was furious. Which I would be to. How do you forgive someone that raped you with his friends and got you pregnant? I don't think it's possible.

***

The bell rang and I walked into biology, not seeing Micah. I sighed with relief as I took my usual seat.

Moments later Mellisa came in with Cheyenne and Micah behind her. Micah and Cheyenne were holding hands. No surprise there.

Cheyenne came to the back and sat in front of me where she usually sits and turned around gave me a sly smile, like she had stole Micah away from me. That wasn't the case though. She will eventually find out what he does ans that he's just dating her to get a rise out of me and it's not going to work.

The whole class period they were kissing and flirting but it didn't bother me. I mean okay it did a little bit but not enough to upset me or yell at them or anything.

The bell finally rang and I left to go to my next class. Luke came up to me.

"Hey, I'm sorry I got you in trouble with your boyfriend." He said.

"He's not my boyfriend anymore. We broke up after he hit you. I'm sorry He did that to you." I replied. His eye was still black and blue but not as bad as it was.

"Its okay, it's not your fault. Can I walk you to class?" He asked.

"Sure, since we have the same class." I said while I smiled at him.

I noticed Micah and he looked angry as usual. Cheyenne was babbling on about something but he ignored her to pay attention to me. I looked away from him and walked to class with Luke.

***

I sat at my usual lunch table and Paisley was already there.

"Hey, how's your day been so far?" She asked.

"Where were you see one period?" I asked without answering her question.

"I was in the guidance office. We made a plan for after I give birth and I decided to keep the baby." She replied.

"That's great news!" I smiled. I was happy she decided to keep it even given the circumstances. I knew her grandma would support her decision as well.

We were interrupted by look who asked, " Hey, can I sit here?"

"Sure can." I replied.

"Your one of the popular kids, why do you want to sit with us?" Paisley asked suspicious.

"Eva's my friend." He replied smiling at Paisley.

Paisley smiled back at him.

"H-hey, C-can I sit here?" Zach stuttered out.

Paisley looked up and gave Zach a death glare.. if looks could kill Zach would be dead right about now.

"Why?" Paisley asked in her mean tone.

"Like I told you.. I want to help." Zach replied.

"Why can't Zach sit here?" Luke asked Because he was oblivious to what had happened.

"Zach raped me and so did his buddies and now I'm pregnant with one of them." She replied.

Luke stood up and looked at Zach.

"Are you for real? What's wrong with you?" Luke said in a angry way. But not angry like Micah gets. I could tell the difference.

"I don't know. I was drunk and it was a mistake." Zach replied trying to Act innocent.

"Drunk or not you know better. Now go sit somewhere else." Luke said not wanting to get physical.

Zach walked away with his head down and Luke sat back down.

"I'm sorry that happened to you Paisley, I had no idea." Luke said with sympathy.

"Its okay Luke. You didn't know. No harm no foul." Paisley replied and gave him a big smile.

I was thankful that Micah didn't have the same lunch as us. He would probably be over here and trying to hit Luke again. I could tell he wanted to when he saw me with him again.