2: The Interview

Ava's POV

After my 'unexpected and unusual yet embarrassing as hell' encounter with the CEO, I went to the reception to ask for directions for the Interview room. He was a brunette 25 year-old blue eyed handsome boy who had the look of 'the guy next door'. He had well defined body but not as hot as Lucifer.

He was sexy as sin and really hot as the devil himself. The name he holds doesn't help the case at all. While he seemed to be the literal reincarnation of the devil, the guy here seemed like one of God's angels.

"I am here for the interview for the interns ?"

"Oh... your late. Anyways go down the left hallway count 3 doors on your right and go right in. There is a waiting area. Wait there till someone asks for you." He says with a hint of smile.

"Oh... Okay.... uh... thanks....."

"Gabriel"

Would you look at that. What an irony !

"Well thanks, Gabriel"

"Your welcome, miss....."

"Ava"

"Ava"

"Yes"

"Nice name. Short and sweet. In Latin it means 'Living One'. Would you like to go out for a lunch or maybe dinner with me ?"

Did he just ask me out ? Well yeah he did. How can I say no when someone as hot as him asks me out. It's not everyday someone does that.

"As long as it's a date"

"It's a date. We will meet after your interview and discuss the details"

"Okay"

I just got a date with an Adonis. Yay ! I turn and I continue down the hall towards where he directed me earlier for my interview. I open the doors and I am greeted with a room full of people. Mostly ladies that applied for the internship. Most of them are wearing clothes shorter than normal work clothes and blouse so tight is acts as second skin and you can clearly see their bra. Wow. Slutty much ? I feel over-dressed. That is why the receptionist downstairs was giving me those judgy looks. Because I am getting those exact looks right about now.

"Miss Christina Rose ?" A man in his mid-thirties announces rather bored after a moment of just glaring at the papers in his hand. Christina whoever she was got up with her files and left. The place where she was originally seated I took it and sat down with a magazine. If I was to make it through here, it was this or nothing.

After about 30 more minutes later the same guy comes out but this time rather... says my name.

"Miss Ava Thompson" I got up and smiled at him to which he replied back with a genuine one.

I walked to the door and straightened the imaginary creases on my dress and knocked twice. "Come in" an old woman's voice replies form the other side. I step inside holding my straight posture as I take confident steps to the chair. There were three people conducting the interview. And each had a set of what I guess is a copy of each applying interns resume.

"Miss Thompson, tell us about yourself"

Believe it or not that's actually the most difficult question in the history of mankind.

"My name is Ava. Ava Thompson. I am 23 years old woman. I am a first year student at Seattle university, and I am an only child. I am studying on the software of computers...."

"Okay Miss Thompson. Why do you need this job and why KGOC ?"

Phew. Safe grounds.

"Well I need to be able to earn enough to pay my student loans and my next semester fees and well KGOC is the biggest in Seattle. They have ties in almost every field. And I think I can live upto the expectations and and manage my studies too. I am willing to give whatever it take to be here. It would be a great opportunity for me"

Lies. Lies. That's not what you feel passionate about.

The interview dragged in pretty good with some challenging questions here and there but nothing I wasn't prepared for. Then I was escorted to the reception by the same guy who called me in after he said that they'd call if I got the job. I met Gabriel there and he said that he was getting off for lunch. I didn't know I was in that long. We were going towards the elevators deciding on what we want to eat and where we want to eat when the elevators arrived. It was empty.

We both stepped in and pressed 1. He used to throw in some jokes here and there which occasionally made me laugh. The lift stopped at the 20th floor. From what I learned all the business meetings are held there. We were in the middle of a joke when the doors opened and in walked the man himself. My breath hitches and my smile slowly faded as we both locked eyes and his eyes sweeped over to where Gabriel was standing narrowing at him a little.

PUBLISHED: MAY 26, 2016