13: Lucifer

Lucifer's POV

Gabriel needs to tone it down a bit. He thinks hitting on the girl that I am currently dating will settle our score. Well he couldn't be more wrong. Ava is like a breath of fresh air to me. In a very short time she has managed to get under my skin and completely changed the axis of my world. Now it revolves around her.

Gabriel might be my brother, but he is my brother only by blood. Me, Gabriel and Vincent have stuck together for worse. And now there is not much that baffles us. We have seen everything. All kinds of monstrosity of human kind. After everything we thought that there is no good left and the only way to survive is if we stick toghether. 'Forever and Always'- as Vincent says. Family always comes first.

Me and Gabriel had never really gotten along. We fight like animals. But I guess that is just out sibling- rivalry. Our parents were so tired of us fucking up each other's lives so much. But they still moved us endlessly. After their death only Vincent was the legal brother of all of us. He inherited out parents' supposed 'millions' and so that helped him win mine and Gabriel's custody. We have been toghether since.

Our parents were major fuck- ups. And for that we are still paying the price. But they were amazing parents. And we owe them everything. That is the only reason I am hiding everything from Ava. If she finds out she will not have a choice but to lead the life of a person on the run. This way I can be sure she is ready to do that if it ever comes down to it and I ready her for the absolute truth. I just want to make her fall in love with me as I already am, so when I tell her, she wouldn't want to leave.

Gabriel walks in and breaks my train of thoughts, "Hello, brother"

"What do you want Gabriel ?"

"Oh you know... This and that"

"Why are you doing this ?"

"You know why. Ava is a good girl. And I am not using her. I am genuinely interestedin her. She might even be my girlfriend"

"Hahha... too little too late brother. She is already my girlfriend" I know why he is doing this. This is all about Sarah. He wants to excat revenge against me for what happened three years ago. But he fails to see that it was completely Sarah's choice.

"You son of a bitch" he tells and lunges towards me. He is forgetting that the same bitch who gave birth to me gave birth to him too. He right hooks at my jaw and my head falls back. I did not see that one coming.

I side step his next punch and grab him by his collar. I get in his face and say lowly, "Why don't we get this done and over with once and for all". With that I push him back and punch his stomach. I then punch his use and without giving him time to recover I punch him on his nose breaking it. He puts his hand on his nose finding blood. He looks at me with a look of betrayal and punches me on my nose. It doesn't break because I change my face's direction but it does take a nasty punch.

He jumps on me and I fall back as I loose balance breaking my fall on my table in the living room. The glass shatters and we roll onto pieces of glass when we are broken apart by a voice.

"What the fuck is going on here ?" Vincent sounds threatening. His job doesn't really help his social welcoming skills either.

"He was hitting on Ava" that was me.

"But this isn't about Ava, is it ? It's about Sarah. It's always about Sarah" Vincent concludes.

"He killed her. I will never forgive you, Vincent for it and I will kill Lucifer for that. She could've lived. But he killed her." Gabriel's broken voice cuts the silence. He has been broken ever since Sarah's death. He blames me for it. He is right though. I killed her. I pulled the trigger on her heart but she handed me the gun. And he knows it. She could've been alive today if Gabriel was early that way. But he believes she would've been alive if I hadn't killed her.

"Shut up, Gabriel. You and I both know it's not true. Sarah's death was no one's fault but hers. You need to get over it. Carrying around this kind of resentment for your brother is not good. And we all know here that you won't kill him. We are a family. Dysfunctional but still one blood. We do not turn on each other. Always and Forever. Our parents failed in the first place because of betrayal by blood. But we won't" Vincent decides. He has always been out glue. If it wasn't for him, me and Gabriel would've been dead by now. Most likely killed by each other.

"Yes but I can kill Ava, can't I ?" Gabriel states in a low voice. So vile and menancing. So what now? I have to save Ava from this idiot too ? I don't mind.

"You will do no such thing" Vincent tells Gabriel in his don't -argue -with -me -I -am -the -big -brother -voice.

"Oh bring it on. I like a good challenge" I taunt looking at Gabriel daring him.

"We already have enough death threats coming in we don't need anymore, Lucifer" What does Vincent mean ?

"Don't talk in riddles" I state.

"Spidey is closing in on you. He is threatening Ava and Emily. You know I get threats to Ava every day but this is Spidey. We shouldn't underestimate him." He replies.

"Spidey is closing in on her ?" I ask bewildered. It would mean that I have to safeguard Ava more critically than I originally thought.

"Oh yes.... Finally. His past is closing in on him. Now he will finally get a taste of his own medicine. I don't really have to do anything. He will do all the work. All I really need is popcorn because I already have the front row seat." Gabriel states smugly.

"No. We will fight him in this toghether. He can't just kill our women and get away with it. Afterall I have to avenge Sarah too. We will be toghether on this.  He took advantage of our differences last time but not this time. This time we will be ready and we will not rest untill we have his blood." Vincent replies.

"Fine" Gabriel concedes.

"Always and Forever, right ?" I sigh out. Come tell or high water. He is not getting away with hurting my family this time. There will be no more Sarah to die like last time. No more.