22: Always And Almost Forever

Ava's POV

"Hurry up, baby. We have to get you ready for your date with Mr.Handsome" Emily's voice wakes me up from my afternoon nap. Lucifer asked me out on a date and it was today. I withdrew a little bit for the past week since the 'Killing Orson' thing. I wasn't angry at him but I was haunted. It wouldn't be fair to him if I give him shit for it. Afterall he did rock my world that night. So today he finally got fed up and he ordered me to go out with him.

I am sorry did I say that he asked me ? Oh. I meant ordered. My bad. Emily walks straight upto the bed and I pull the comforts over my head hiding my view of her. "I am sorry, did some one say, Mr.Handsome ? I am pretty sure it wasn't, Ava" Vincent's voice has me giggling under the comforts. Vincent had that deep panty wetting voice. Emily and Vincent started dating and now I can see where Lucifer gets his possessive trait. Oops, territorial, I mean.

"Vincent you don't have to act possessive towards me. Why are you jealous of your brother ?" Emily asks. Babe, you have a lot to learn.

"I am not jealous. I don't have to be. Jealously is towards things you don't  have. And I have you. I am not possessive but what's mine is mine. End of story. I am just territorial." He explains. See what I mean ?

Emily releases an untrusting huff. He chuckles and then I hear the door closing. No. No. No. "Babe, get your big ass out the bed so I can dress you. Appropriately. Now."

I get up without further questions and advance towards the bathroom. I turn on the hot water and strip out of my clothes. By the time I am done, Emily has laid out all the clothes and a neck piece jewellery on the bed. I can see my underwear too. It's a bright neon blue with pink panties and in contrast to the black ball gown she has laid out. Is she crazy ?

"Lucifer chose this underwear. The fact that he knows your underwear and closet like the back of his hand raises questions." She states.

You think ?

"I put on the underwear and she asks me to put on a robe. She does my hair in a clean up do and pokes and pokes at my eyebrows until they are perfect. Aka. Red and swollen. Then she does my makeup which consists of a black smokey eye. When she is done she rips off the piece of tape she stuck beside my eye and I shout. Then she proceeds with the rest of my face. It looks natural except my lipstick which is blood red.

She asks me to put on my shoes and I notice them the almost same shade as my lip. She hands me a clutch which is... You guessed it right. Red in colour. I am then pushed into a waiting limo out the front door. After a few moments of driving around I  loose my paitence and ask the driver, "Where are we going ?" No answer. Like he wasn't even there. He takes me out of the city and we drive into some woods. He takes off the road and into the real woods. We dodge some trees and he stops. I can't see anything and I hear the limo door opening. I step out to see and beautiful set table and candles everywhere which light up the surroundings making them even prettier.

On the other side a little far off was a cliff that overlooked the entire city. It was breathtaking. I walk upto the cliff and gaze at the millions and millions mini globs of lights created by the light in each window. Millions and millions of light. A glob for each person. My view was blocked as what appeared to be hands of someone covered my eyes.

"Lucy?" I say.

"How'd you know it was me ?" He sighs and removes his hand. He wore a red tie with a white shirt and black blazer with black pants. He looked ravishing. His hair was gelled to perfection and it just increased my urge to ruin it. Just like I had that night.

"Would you allow anyone to come up behind me and hold me like that ?" I say in a 'duh' tone.

"No" the answer was instant. That made me smile. "Come On, babe. We have dinner here."

He leads me back to the table and pulls out my chair for me. For starters we had a huge cheeseburger. Yes. A cheeseburger. A man after my own heart. He knew I would embarass myself with something posh. So he started off with this. For main course we had an Indian Dish. A posh dish and it was mouth watering. So after it all I was very excited for the dessert.

All the time he had kept me busy. Making jokes and telling me stories so briefly I felt I was there experiencing it myself. The dessert was simple. Choco-Lava cake. My favourite. I used a fork to poke it and I could see the melted chocolate flowing out. My attention was although captured by the shiny object half immersed into the coco sauce. I picked it up with my fork to realize it was a ring. A platinum diamond studded ring. It was in the shape of a princess crown and it had diamonds all over. It looked very expensive.

I look up to see Lucifer but find his chair empty. I turn my head and come face to face with him on one knee. My heart starts beating loudly. I am not ready for this. Please let it be a promise ring. Please God. Please.

"Ava Thompson, Will you marry me ?" He asks. His eyes shining and a smile plays on his lips. So beautiful this man is.

I gulp and look at the ring in my hand.  It looks inviting. Me and Lucy have known each other only a few months. How can I say yes ? We have a lot to learn about each other yet.

"From the moment that I saw you I knew you were mine. Say yes, babe. Come on" He urges.

"Lucy, I.. I can't. We... We don't know each other that long. It's only been a few months. I need more time. Please. Don't do this. Its not a no. I want to marry you and I do see my future with you. But I am not ready for marriage yet." I say honestly. He deserves it. It was true I did see my future with him. But marriage came a little too early.

I look at him to see him getting up his gaze fixed at something behind me. He nods and a piercing sensation starts at my neck. I look around to spot one of Lucifer's men. I gasp and turn my death glare on Lucifer. He drugged me. That bitch. But why ? Why would he drug me ?

Before everything goes blank I hear him mutter, "The one time I try to ask something."

You bastard.