15: Take a picture, baby

Ava's POV

After the whole 'Orson' fiasco, Lucifer returns. But not before an hour. I had had time to think over what Spidey told me. If he is right then Lucifer is playing me. He knew exactly what Lucifer told me. Maybe he is right. I mean afterall Lucifer has nothing to support his theory. So I came to a conclusion. I will inform Lucifer about Willis' arrival and gauge his reaction. If he reacts like I expect him to, then Spidey is right and it's time to end this. But if Lucifer is indifferent to it, then it means that he has no idea that his 'probable business partner' is a backstabbing bitch. I don't care if Spidey is related to his past not.

When Lucifer walks in the door, I just watch him. I know what I want to say not how to say it. So I just stare at him trying to formulate a coherent sentence in my mind about my talk. This isn't going to work this way. When he notices me staring at him, he says,

"Take a picture, baby, it'll last longer"

I totally ignore that and say, "An 'Orson Willis' stopped by to meet you. He asked me to tell you to keep watch on your stuff or it might get stolen or broken" I convey his bizzare message all the while scrutinizing Lucifer with my eyes, praying God that I am wrong. But I am not. I am right. Lucifer's head snaps up so quickly at the mention of his name it was hard to miss it. He has a panicked look on his face and he speaks walks to me holding me by my elbows.

"Are you alright ? Did he hurt you ? Did he give you anything ? Did you take anything from him ? Answer me, baby"

As much as I want to trust him, I can anymore. He broke my trust. I didn't push him for his past because I wanted to respect his decision but he just played me for a fool, "Mr.Knight, I want you to let me goand never touch me again. You will act as professional as you can and I will too. From now on you are my boss and I am just your assistant. If you can't do it, I will write in for a transfer" I state.

He narrows his eyes at me, "What did he tell you ?" He asks almost calmly. Could've fooled me. Oh wait he already did.

"You lied to me... All that bullcrap about having a past... You tell that to every girl don't you ?" I ask him and drop the facade.

"What are you talking about ?" He asks bewildered. He has the balls to do that ?

"You played me... All that crap about preparing me to tell all your big little secret... You were lying ? You tell that to every girl ? Lucifer Knight has to lie to get a girl in his bed.... I feel honoured here"

"Babe, what the fuck are you on about ?" He asks me yet again.

"Do you even have a past or have you been lying this entire time to the entire world ? How low can you fall ?"

"Babe tell me what happened and give me time to explain"

"Go to hell, Lucifer Knight"

"You are a self- absorbed douche just like all the other guys. Just because you have money doesn't mean you are any different. You get off on lying to women don't you ? That's why you lied to me. Make a spectacle of me and make fun of me on my back."

"Babe"

"You wanted to prove that every girl is a victim to your charms. Even me. When I tried to resist you played this. Didn't you ? You wanted to prove that you fucked Ava, the only one who tried to resist you"

"Ava, stop right there for one fucking minute" He tells and steps towards me. I step back but his table stops me. The same table that we had... um... our intimate moment in is poking at my butt.

"Well guess what ? I win. I did not sleep with you and never will after this" I conclude.

At this point I am nlmore just than upset. I trusted him and alkng the way I think I had fallen for him. And he broke my trust to nothingness. I mean nothing to him. And when this realization dawns on me I feel like breaking down and crying. I saw my future with this man and he played me. He is a player. I guess what they say is true. Players never change their play. They can't be tamed and we only and up breaking out hearts. Maybe all this time he never really like me. Maybe all I was to him was a conquest. He never pushed me for sex because he was already getting it elsewhere. He cheated on me. But it's not really cheating since for him you were never really in a relationship.

When I was thinking all this I didn't see Lucifer coming right at me. He is not standing in front of me with my elbows firmly held by his strong hands in a dead lock. I can't escape without facing this.

"It was great meeting you Lucifer Knight. But something's just aren't meant to be" I say dejectedly without looking into his eyes.

"Look at me" that soft voices command has my eyes searching for his. He still affects me and it is dangerous for me for him to know this.

"What ?" A soft whisper escapes my lips.

"This is not over. I don't care what the fuck he told you but this isn't over. If you for one moment think that you can just walk away out of my life, my Ava,  then you're wrong. I will fight you untill I am see if I have to, to stop you from leaving me. Babe, you're going nowhere. You are staying right here and we are going to talk about this. You are not waltzing out just because some stranger told you something. You are not leaving without giving me a chance to explain. And last but not the least, you are not leaving at all. I don't care if you don't like my explanation at whatever but you will not leave me. Not now not ever."

"FUCK YOU" I say and give him a death glare.

"You know babe, that's not such a bad idea" he says with an evil glint in his eyes and a smirk playing on his lips. I am in trouble.

LuciferOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara