18: Where am I ?

Ava's POV

After Lucifer explained everything to me, which mainly included.. 'Orson is a family enemy. He is very dangerous, violently so. Stay away from him and if you ever see him don't get alone with him. And the crap he fed you about other girls is complete bullshit'. We went back to our jobs. Well him mostly working and me thinking. We had come a long way. Even now Lucifer would lift his head up and glance at me every few seconds. He wouldn't let me leave his office.

After a lot of growling and begging he let me get my purse at least. I texted Emily about what happened and filled her in on everything as soon as I could for the simple reason that she was too quiet about my apparent breakup with Lucifer. If anything she would try to bribe me too egging his apartment. She was too sly and I didn't want her to take any steps that she might regret. Who am I kidding she might not regret it at all! But I was met with a 'Oops' in my text when I filled her in. I knew she was up to no good. I am now gonna have to walk on eggshells around Lucifer and keep him off anything that smells Emily.

My texting spree with Emily was broken when the lights went out in the office. I look around and find that the entire floor was blacked out. Just when things were starting to get juicy this happened. Emily was telling me about her date with Vincent and how she embarrassed herself by ordering the restaurant name for a wine. Classic I know. And I thought I was weird. One thing that completely scared me to death is darkness . Complete pitch black in the office didn't help the case this time.

"Lucifer ?" I ask very scared. The cabin was lit up by the light from his laptop and my phone but he wasn't in front of his laptop anymore and I didn't wanna be alone right now. I hate being alone in the dark and my mind becomes hyper aware of my surroundings and starts to conjure up some ghost bullshit.

"I am here, babe" His voice sounds from behind me and it soothes my nerves. I jump him, literally, and bury my face in his neck wraping my legs around his waist. He laughs and its his hand on the crown of my head. The gesture makes me feel safe. "I have some candles, let me go get them and we will look at this power cut."

I reply with a "hmmm". But don't get off of him. He sighs loudly then I feel him walking around in the office with me in his arms. Only one hand hold me by my waist and the other he uses to get all his candles out and light them up. Then I feel him moving and I realize he is putting the candles around the room so it isn't pitch black anywhere. Then he lowers me into the couch and says lowly, "I will be right back, baby."

I make a sound of protest but he is already gone. I bury my face in my hands and curl myself into a fetal position. After a few moments I hear the door open and I wait for Lucifer to come to me but I don't lift my head up. When he takes too long I lift up my head to be met with nothing. There's no one here. I was sure I heard the door open. "Lucifer ? This isn't funny" I say. But no response.

A striking pain in the back of my head is registered and I scream. I turn to my my eyes locked with Orson's and find him holding a lamp. I put my hand on the wound behind on my head to be met with wet sticky liquid. I bring my hand in front of my eyes and see that it's blood. But my legs are shaking and they can't hold me anymore. I collapse on my knees and the last thing I see before I am met with black is Orson smiling sinisterly.

A huge pounding pain in the back of my head where I was attack is the first thing I register with I get a breeze of conscious. "Ahh..." I groan. What the fuck ? I open my eyes but I am temporarily blinded by the light. I turn my head the other way, groan some more and attempt to open my eyes once more. This time it's not that bright.

First thing is see is a toilet in the far corner of the room. Cement, dirty floors. And I am lying on a very dirty, pee- smelling mattress. There's only one source of light in the room and it is currently above me. A light bulb. That's it. On the other side of the room is a huge metal door with a window but it's closed. There are no windows in this room. Nothing. Only the one light bulb. I look down at myself and for some reason I find it relieving to find myself completely dressed. But my white shirt is now dirty with sleeping in the matress.

Orson's face is suddenly flashed in front of my eyes. That is what has me unconsciously holding my hand up to my head to examine it but it is wraped in bandage. A striking pain in my head, fleeting has me screming like a banshee. I take deep breaths after it passes. The door opens by there's not enough light to recognize who has entered the room. But enough to see the number of people and I can see at least seven people entering the room. Orson step into light and I curse him, "You motherfucking Bastard". In return he back- hands me and I can feel my blood trailing down on my cheek from his ring. Lucifer was right. This man is very sick and violently dangerous.

"Boys, let's teach Miss.Goody Two Shoes here what happens when someone pisses me off." He talks behind his back and everyone then steps into light. No one I recognise but all of them wearing the same expression. An evil smile.

They all proceed to me and I fear for the first time for my life. They all crowd around me and one of them post his hand in my hair and drags me across the room by my hair. The cement floor scrapes my knees and I cry out in pain. They all come at one time at me and one of them punches me and I hear a crack. I am sure my jaw is broken. Someone kicked me on my shoulder and a sickening pop is heared across the room. They dislocated my shoulder. Tears run down freely from my eyes as I wish for a saviour but nothing happens. All of them continue to hit me and punch me.