Snow Fun

"I want to see my small taicho."

Rangiku sat in the room the members of the forth division placed her in. Something about the Quincy male bothered her. She found herself tight lipped until Isane showed up to check on her. The other fukutaicho stared at her. "You're not ready to see him."

"Then have him come see me. How come he hasn't been to see me?" Rangiku watched as the woman took a deep breath.

"Hitsugaya Taicho's been moody."

"How has he been moody? Tell me. You know I'm the only person who can deal with him when he gets into one of his moods."

"Like..." Isane stopped short and then shook her head. "He thought you would die if he came to see you."

"Then tell him I'm awake."

"He does know. It's just..."

"Just what?" Rangiku stared at the woman.

"He did something stupid and got hurt, so we can't allow him up and about just now."

"How soon until I can see him?"

"Eat. The sooner you get your strength back the better."

"Eating." A thought crossed Rangiku's mind. Panic filled her voice. "Isane? Has my taicho been eating well."

"No. Well, he's eating a bit better now. He's made friends with one of the Quincy females."

Rangiku stared at Isane. "This wouldn't be the one I thought was my daughter, but can't be because I've never had any children? Except she wasn't in danger either, and I thought my child was." She looked at the woman's face and couldn't mistake the usual look Isane got on her face when she was hiding something. "What aren't you telling me?"

Isane let out a sigh before sitting down. "What if I were to tell you that you weren't mistaken?"

"I've never had children."

"Never mind."

Rangiku shook her head and let frustration over take her as she waited to see her small taicho. She finally found herself able to move about although slowly and headed to the room without anyone knowing she was moving. She arrived at the room to see her small taicho playing with the girl she met earlier and something felt nice. "It's because taicho's playing with someone his age."

"I don't think the fact he's playing cards with her is what's making you happy, but what ever."

The woman stepped over and sat on the chair next to the bed the two children sat on. Toshiro held a set of cards in his hand and she could see his hands and feet were bandaged. The girl let out a sigh and lowered her cards. "Come on! Pick something."

"I don't get the purpose behind this game." Toshiro looked up and looked at the girl's hand. "I think I'll pick this one."

"Taicho..." Rangiku watched the boy as he jumped. "I think that's cheating."

"How's he cheating." The girl snapped.

"It's not my fault she keeps showing me her cards."

"Not that I care." The girl set down her cards. "I'm teaching him the game. How else is he going to get it?"

"I'm not that stupid."

"What game are you two playing?"

"What are you doing here old hag?" The words came out of the girls mouth.

Rangiku reached out to pull her cheeks. "What did you call me?"

"Matsumoto..." Toshiro set his cards down. The female taicho noticed the sparkle in his eyes as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed. "I thought you weren't supposed to be out of bed yet."

The woman opened her mouth to say something, but the girl suddenly tackled Toshiro onto his back. "Don't you dare get up! They said you're not supposed to be on your feet." Rangiku watched as the girl began to pull Toshiro's face and his hands went up to pull the girl's hands away. "Don't you do that either. You're hands are still healing to?"

"I'm no invalid Bambi nee-chan so knock it off."

Rangiku's eyes widened. "Nee-chan?" She shook her head pushing back the thought of, "they're my children" with "I'm being delusional". She instead waited until the girl decided to let her small taicho go and as Toshiro sat up she scoped Toshiro into her arms and heard a squeak from her small taicho. Somehow he managed to escape and she looked at him with her tired eyes. "What happened to your hands and feet?"

"He was stupid and went out in his own ice storm and got frost bite."

The woman let out a deep sigh. "Taicho."

"I'm fine."

"No you're not."

"I mean I'm not doing stupid things anymore."

Rangiku stared at the boy. "You mean you're in control of your emotions again."

"It's all right to let it snow in my inner world. I just shouldn't let it happen outside unless I'm controlling it."

"I..." The female fukutaicho remembered the male Quincy. "Taicho? Did this male Quincy come and see you? You know the one who we fought against after you lost your Bankai?"

"What of it?"

"He..." Rangiku's eyes blinked a couple of times. "So he didn't hurt you?" She watched as Toshiro looked away. "Taicho!"

"He's the one who stopped me doing something really stupid."

The woman let out a sigh as she looked at the young taicho. It was then that a small female blond Quincy came hurtling in. "Basterbine Bambietta! What did you do with our cards! What the hell are you doing with a couple of Shinigami!"

Rangiku took a deep breath wondering exactly what happened while she was asleep.