Fun in the Sun

Chapter 23 - Fun in the Sun

At quarter to ten that evening, Gibbs heard the unmistakable sound of a car pulling into the driveway. Standing up, he headed to the front door but was bombarded by Tony and Ziva who came running in shouting, "They're here! They're here!" while jumping around Gibbs.

"Really? Who's here?" teased Gibbs.

"Daddy!" admonished Ziva.

"You know who's here Dad," said Tony rolling his eyes. "Come on," he added grabbing Gibbs' arm and dragging him out the door.

As the three of them stood on the porch, they were soon joined by Jenny.

"Heard the announcement from upstairs," she said laughing as she stood next to Gibbs.

It wasn't long before Tim's car rounded the drive and pulled in behind Gibbs' in the carport. Tony and Ziva, still bouncing up and down, ran to the edge of the porch.

As Abby opened the passenger door and jumped out, she held out her arms and scooped both children into a bone crushing hug.

"Hello, hello my gorgeous little siblings!" she exclaimed squeezing both children as she twisted from side to side.

"Abs!" called Gibbs. "Put them down! You don't know where they've been!"

Giggling, Abby let Tony and Ziva go and rushed forward to hug Gibbs. "Oh Gibbs, I've missed you so much," she said holding him tight.

"Me too Abbs," said Gibbs returning the hug and kissing her cheek. "So glad you could make it."

As Tim rounded the porch, he stepped up and gave each child a hug.

"Hey guys," he said. He then hi-fived Tony which soon turned into a sequence of secret hand movements.

"I wanna learn that," said Ziva watching carefully.

"Nope," said Tim, scooping her up under the waist so that she was dangling sideways. "It's secret men's business."

Still lugging a giggling Ziva under his arm, Tim headed towards Gibbs.

"Hey Boss," he said as both men hugged, slapping each other on the back.

"Agh!" squealed Ziva as she was squished between the two men. "Let me go!"

Laughing, Tim released Ziva and the little girl made a quick escape to where Jenny and Abby were hugging.

"Oh, it will be so nice to have another woman here," said Jenny as she pulled out of Abby's hug.

"Hey, I'm a woman!" said Ziva indignantly planting her hands on her hips.

"No, you're a little lady," replied Jenny. "Well sometimes you are," she added running her hand over Ziva's head and laughing.

"Alright everyone," said Gibbs as the greetings were delivered. "Let's get some stuff and head inside."

Returning to Tim's car, they unloaded the trunk and, with each person carrying something, headed into the cottage.

"Wow! This is gorgeous," said Abby, looking around.

"Yeah. It's even better than the pictures on the internet," said Tim.

"Now, it's only two bedroom," advised Gibbs as they stood in the living room. "So you can either sleep in Tony and Ziva's room on the bottom bunks, or we can make up some makeshift beds in here. Up to you."

"Sleep with us, pleeeeeease," said Tony.

"Yeah," added Ziva. "Sleep with us. Our room is really cool and you can even get on the roof, but you better not, because Daddy said it's dangerous and you'll get a spanking, but you can look out onto the lake and everything."