A Sticky Situation

Chapter 26 - A Sticky Situation

After three rounds of Uno, Jenny, Tim and Tony were definitely ready to see the end of the game. So, when Tim laid down his last card and was announced the winner, Jenny decided to try food as a tactic to distract Ziva.

"So, who would like a snack?" she asked, while casually gathering up the cards.

"Me!" shouted Tony shoving his cards into the middle of the table and leaping from his chair.

"In that cupboard over there," began Jenny pointing to the cupboard over the sink, "there's a share bag of Tiny Teddies. Tim, can you get it down please?"

"Sure," said Tim, relieved at being excused from the game.

"Are we still playing?" asked Ziva as she too handed her left over cards to Jenny.

"I think we've all had enough, Honey," explained Jenny, stacking the cards neatly and grabbing the box to put them away. "Let's have a break and some morning tea, OK?"

"OK," grumbled Ziva, not too impressed with the idea.

As Tim handed Tony and Ziva a packet of Tiny Teddies, he looked longingly into the bag.

"You're welcome to have some too, Tim," said Jenny laughing. "Grown ups can indulge as well."

Tim blushed but was quick to take out a packet for himself before offering the bag to Jenny who also took out a packet. Flicking on the coffee machine, Jenny opened the fridge and took out two pop-top bottles of juice before handing them to Tony and Ziva.

"Tim, do you want a juice or a coffee?" she asked standing with her head in the fridge.

"Coffee thanks," he replied. He took down two mugs from the cupboard, while Jenny grabbed the milk.

As Jenny turned towards the bench, she saw Tony rummaging through the top drawer.

"What are you looking for?" she asked him.

"I need some scissors to open the packet," he replied, sorting through the variety of silverware.

"Second drawer," replied Jenny, putting the milk down. "I saw them the other day."

As Tony opened the second drawer, he realised it was what his family commonly called the 'junk' drawer as it was full of various items including tape, string, batteries, super-glue, pencils-

'Super-glue,' thought Tony to himself as he came across the small tube. 'That's what Tim was saying his friend at work used to stick his fingers to the keyboard.'

Suddenly getting an idea, Tony secretly pocketed the small tube before finally finding the scissors and cutting open his snack bag. Placing the scissors on the table for other people to use, he shut the drawer and sat at the table, contemplating how he could best use the super-glue.

Listening to the rain tap dancing heavily on the roof, Jenny glanced at her watch. It was 11.15am.

"So, what would everyone like to do after we've had a morning tea?" she asked looking around at the three faces before her.

"I'm going to play on the DS for a while," said Tony, staring at his Tiny Teddy before decapitating it with his teeth.

"I think I might read a book," replied Tim.

"What about you Miss Muffet?" asked Jenny when Ziva didn't answer.

Ziva shrugged noncommittally.

"Would you like to do a puzzle with me?" she asked.

Ziva's face light up considerably.

"OK!" she said brightly.