Careful what you wish for... you might just regret it.

(A/N The genie is played by Siva Kaneswaran)

A long time ago in a far-away land there was a Sultan who ruled his land fairly and wisely. One day his wife gave birth to two beautiful children, Aladdin and Jasmine. Unfortunately the Sultan died a few days after the twins fifth birthday, leaving the whole land in mourning. Poor Jasmine and Aladdin grew up without a father.

Maybe that is why Aladdin grew up to be so possessive and corrupt. The first signs of this were when he would watch Jasmine like a hawk in school. Everyone thought it was cute at the start, that he was just being the over protective older brother, but soon everyone saw it for what it was, that is everyone but their mother, who had become the ruler after her husband died. Be it because she didn't see it or because she simply refused to see it and because she was the ruler no one dared say a word to her for fear of their life, for even though she was the stereotypical princess no one knew how she would react if someone were to tell her that her son was a monster.

When Aladdin turned eighteen he took over as Sultan. He was the polar opposite of his parents, but after his mother's death he was worse. He kept Jasmine locked in a tower, with only rags for clothes. But what he didn't know was that the little pillow he let her keep was a magic pillow, which much like a magic carpet could fly. So everyday Jasmine would fly down to the village where she would interact with the people. No one knew she was a princess as Aladdin had told everyone that she had died. Eventually he caught her sneaking out the castle and decided that

"If she sneaks out every day to see the peasants she could go live with them," for he thought very little of then. One day as he was going through Jasmine's things he came across an old teapot. He could make out an inscription in the glass, but couldn't read it properly as it was very faded and dusty. He rubbed on the teapot to see what it said. "Open me" was all it said. Puzzled Aladdin lifted the lid and to his surprise smoke started pouring out of the spout. The smoke began to form a faintly human shape, until it resembled a shadow, but with a gold studded collar around its neck.

"What do you want?" a voice boomed through the room bouncing off the walls and attacking Aladdin's ears with a deep and raspy tone.

"Who are you?" Aladdin stuttered out, an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of his stomach, almost like fear.

"I am the shadow of the pot. You now have three wishes before I go back to being stuck in a pot so make it good" he replied in a sassy tone.

Stunned Aladdin let the information sink in before he decided what to do next.

"I wish to rule the world" Aladdin blurted out.

"How original" the shadow said sarcastically. He started playing with his ear.

"Done" he declared after a few minutes silence.

"I wish to be immortal" Aladdin declared after a few minutes thinking. Again the shadow started to play the play with his ear. "Done" he declared after a few seconds silence.

"And lastly I wish..." but he never got to finish for Jasmine, who had snuck back into the castle had hit him over the back of the head with the teapot, knocking him unconscious and breaking the teapot in the process, She stared at the shadow in disbelief as it transformed right in front of her eyes. She watched in stunned silence as it shot up like a rocket and became more muscular. "Thank you for saving me. Been stuck in that teapot for years I have." He stated in a strong Irish accent.

"In payment for saving me I will grant you one wish," he said snapping Jasmine out of her slightly dirty daydreams.

"I wish... I wish...,"she said hesitantly not wanting to waste her wish.

"I wish all my brother wishes were undone." Jasmine decided. Siva smiled,

"Done" he declared. He walked forward and stooped down a bit to whisper in Jasmine's ear.

"Now your brother is no longer ruler of the world you are ruler of this land" As soon as she heard this she ordered the guards to throw her brother, her twin into the jail.

That was a long time ago, but she still visits her brother every day. Now she has her own children running around the palace and is happily married to Siva. She was a wise and just ruler, just like her parents.

**********************************************************************

So I had to re-write a fairy tale for English and that ^^^ is the result. IT TOOK 8 FREAKING PAGES AND 3 DAYS TO WRITE!!!! GRRRR. And I had to write it by hand. :'( And exams are the week after next and I haven't started studying yet so I probably won't be on the internet for a while.