Beauty is a dark thing

Wow. The only thing I can do as the small boat seems to glide across the surface of the water is stare in awe. The light from the castle seems to dance across the surface and the moon shines high in the sky making everything seem fictional.

People all around are staring with their mouths hung wide open and I begin to giggle.

"Beauty like this is so uncommon and when we finally get to see it we can't take it all in and the next time we do we want to make up for all the lost time from before. In a way beauty is the the most addictive, cruel, thing in existence. You can't escape it."

I turn around to see the others in the boat staring at me all with some strange glint in their eyes.

Sirius grabs his head and pushes his curls out of his eyes, "Bro. That was pretty deep." Laughing fills the air before we get lost it conversation again.

A few minutes later a middle aged lady maybe in her late 30's or so meets us off the boats and ushers us into a large corridor in front of giant wooden doors.

"I am Professor McGonagall. Just because I'm a newer teacher here doesn't mean that you can get things over on me. Wait here a moment please before we begin the sorting ceremony." I would feel bad taking advantage of the new girl but... hey you gotta do what you gotta do.

A few minutes later she comes back and the doors fully open to let us see the hundreds of kids staring us down and sizing us up. We move forward as I look around. Yet again the scene was beautiful, candles were floating in the air ( which I don't really get cause where does the wax go? Does it just burn the students? And how do they get up there when one burns out? It's like magic or - oh.....) my train of thought cuts short when I'm being pushed forward by multiple people.

Standing alone in a crowded room I scratch the back of my head, "What?" Laughter sounds and Mc.GoneaGone
Coughs shortly.

"Step forward please miss, it's time for you to be sorted."

I took a few steps stumbled a bit and ignored the chuckles. It felt like it took years to reach that damn stool. I usually don't get nervous so this was really weird. I sat down and something slightly heavy was placed on my head.

"Hello there Ms. Potter" something spoke into my ear, I'm guessing it was the sorting hat that my dad had told us about.

It spoke again, "Very smart I see just like your father aren't you? He was a good student. But you seem a little different... darker maybe? There's just something about you I can't quite put my finger on.... Ah! It's power. I think I have just the place for you!"

The hat yells out my new family and I walk over to the table with the loudest cheers.

I am officially a student of hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.