Chapter Two- Pink from Head to Toe

I snapped out of it before jumping up and dusting the invisible dirt off my knees.

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" I screamed again as I entered the large bathroom that he had dove into only to see him holding my favorite jacket over a large tub filled with pink liquid. It was a classic, this jacket. Navy green bomber with little strings of embroidered flowers reaching up from the bottom on the front; beautiful. And all of my allowance money for a year.

"Don't worry, Carter, I'm sure it'll be a great casual look," he took a suspenseful pause to fix his (unfixable) hair, "or not..." He laughed and I pounced. One step and I was there, sat in a tub of pink, my prized possession thrown on the other side of the room.

My mouth dropped open as I looked across myself to see a face full of color,
"JAMES!"

We were covered in pink. From the hair on our heads, down to the socks on our feet, we were completely and utterly neon.

"Look what you did!" He screamed

"ME?! This is all YOUR fault!" I shouted back while scooping a thick mess of dye off my face.

We made eye contact after finally clearing our faces and burst out laughing.

"That was awesome!" James' mouth spread wide forcing goop to drop off the sides of his chubby cheeks. As we took a minute to laugh before our mum came charging in.

"Is everyone alright?! I heard a scream and a large bang from down-" She stopped after her surroundings sank in and she saw us sprawled out in the tub, pink splattered on the walls.

"Hi mum!" James and I laugh together.

Our mom's face faded from shock to anger to happiness, "Oh my, what have you two gotten yourselves into this time?"

It was finally my time to wear the classic potter grin, "The usual."

"Well you two go get cleaned up and don't forget about the rest of this mess, we're going to diagon ally later to get your school supplies. Oh you two have grown up so fast!" My mum ranted then took 5 extra minutes to recap our lives up until this point.

"We're only gonna get older, mother dearest!" I jumped from the tub and dashed to my room, dripping pink die after me. I quickly pulled off my clothes and pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans, rolling up the very bottoms as it's practically a fashion sin to let your loose pant legs sit on top of your non-athletic sneakers. This was only before I realized that I didn't have any wearable shirts.

"JAMES!!!" I yelled through the wall, "DO YOU HAVE A SHIRT I CAN BORROW?!"

"YUP, IT'S AT YOUR DOOR!" he screamed back. I slide on my grey Adidas' then walked across my room and opened the door to see a plain red tee.

After we were both dressed and back to a normal human color, we all met in the living room and stood next to the large fireplace.

"Ok, is everyone ready? Good. Okay, Carter, darling, you go first!" my mum said rapidly.

I gave her a kiss on the cheek and took a fistful of floo powder almost tripping while walking into the fireplace, I got my balance and threw down the magic ash, "Diagon Alley!"