Chapter Three

Edited ✔️✔️

I'm addicted to this song rn. ^^^

~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Chapter 3

Mia wandered around the woods for what felt like hours, every time ending with the same result of her seemingly walking in a perfect circle no matter which direction she went.

The forest was huge, even larger than Mia had originally thought which made it seem even more daunting and eerie. All of the trees were identical in width and vast with thick vines wrapped around their trunks, making them all look uncannily the same.

After a few more futile attempts, Mia threw her head back and let out a what you'd call a typical loud, annoyed teenage groan when she saw the familiar bamboo cage for the tenth time. She still wore her large sleeping shirt and shorts who gave no protection to the multiple low branches and thorn bushes. Scratches covered her legs from her knees down, some even trickling single droplets of crimson blood. Her calf muscles ached to stop and rest and her throat burned for a cool glass of water.

She kicked a nearby tree with her bare foot, ignoring the pain that seared in her big toe, and walked in a direction she was sure she hadn't tried yet. Her feet, perhaps, were the biggest victims in her wandering.

"Are you lost or do you just love to walk in circles?"

Mia tensed at the voice and turned to see Pan standing there with a cocky smirk that made her want to slap him.

"I'm not lost," Mia mumbled stubbornly and kept walking even though she already knew the inevitable outcome.

She could hear Pan's heavy footsteps jog after her and she mentally rolled her eyes, annoyed that he was following her. Within seconds, he was strolling side by side with her, his eyes gleaming with mischief and another expression Mia couldn't exactly pin point.

"So does that mean you like walking in circles?"

Mia could practically feel Pan's smirk on the side of her face as he stared at her, watching her face scrunch up and become red with anger. Since she was about as threatening to him as a blade of grass, her attempts at looking threatening were entertaining to Pan.

"No," she responded angrily through gritted teeth.

Mia was sure she had finally found the correct way out of the confusing maze but stomped her foot in rage when she saw the cage yet again. Pan laughed beside her with his head thrown back and she growled under her breath.

"As much as I love watching you suffer, I'm going to go back to camp," Pan told her sarcastically but with a hint of truth, and started to walk away before abruptly stopping to face her. His grey eyes were bright with mockery. "You can come with me if you want. But I'd hate to take you away from your... circles." He smirked and turned on his heels and began walking in the opposite direction. Mia glared at his retreating back until she finally sighed in defeat and followed closely behind with her head hung low and glare at a maximum.

It felt like they had walked for miles until finally they came to a clearing with a large tree in its center which was as wide and taller than a normal house. Its awkwardly curved branches were bare of any leaves but had colorful empty liquor bottles attached to them to fill the empty spaces, which then clattered together in the wind as an eerie song.