Chapter Twenty

Edited✔️✔️

Chapter 20

Seeing Pan after so long was weird and Mia had a hard time registering it. It felt like she was stuck in an enchantment all over again.

His curly, dark blond hair was wilder than usual like he'd been pulling at it and hadn't bothered to comb it and his grey eyes held a strong determination as he stared at the man in the black cloak whose identity was still hidden.

The Redskin Chief was with him in all his glory, draped in animal skins, bone jewelry, and all his bodily piercings.

They hadn't seen her yet but she felt the eyes of their spies all around them and she knew they could easily see her.

"Pan," her master greeted them, "Chief, how nice of you both to visit."

"Where is she?" Pan spat through his teeth.

I'm here, she wanted to shout but bit her tongue. Instead, she went against her inner voice and crouched down lower in her spot, readjusting the black dagger in her hand, knowing what she had to do.

The man in the black cloak laughed. "She belongs to me now, Pan. Don't even think for a moment she believes your facade about being good again and 'saving Neverland'. All you cared about was power, keeping your control over the island, and she knows it now. Without this wretched island, you'd be nothing. I have been the only truth giver."

That part was true, although Mia hated to admit it.

While she was under the Master's control, he had taught her all about Neverland, including the important detail about how the island could only be controlled by a keeper with light magic, not dark since it was built with such intentions. When Pan started losing his power over the island, causing the power of Neverland including its immortality qualities to weaken, his first solution was bringing another girl like Wendy to remind him how to be good—a selfish reason, yet Mia couldn't help but not care at all.

Not while she was watching the tense-filled scene unfurl before her.

Pan's frown deepened. "Why do you even want her?"

Pan was distracting him and Mia knew why. She could feel their spies closing in every second and she knew the Master could too. They were losing without even realizing it.

"It's simple: she has power," he responded, making her jaw clench. "And you're terrified of that and you will all one day bow for me."

"My people will never bow to a man like you," said the chief.

"Oh really?" Mia heard the challenge in his voice.

With a snap of his fingers black smoke came from the ground and the smoke cleared a revealed a living person, a person who should've been dead.

Tiger Lily.

Mia, herself, was shocked. That was not apart of the plan.

"Help me defeat Pan and your princess goes unharmed," the man in the cloak said to Big Chief cockily, as if he'd already won. "Refuse, and she dies for real this time."

Tiger Lily was bruised all over and her skin had no tinge of red to it like the rest of her people and she wore no jewelry, only scraps of animal skin of what used to be a dress. She was no older than fifteen, but through the scars and bruises, with plump lips, dark eyes, and defined cheek bones she was one of the most gorgeous girls Mia had ever seen.

"Bapa, no–"

Before the princess could say anything else, the cloaked man reached out his hand and began choking her with his magic. It was enough for her to grow light headed and for the blood to rush to her head, but it wasn't enough to kill her. "What is it, Chief?"