Chapter Sixteen

Edited ✔️✔️

I'M BACK!!!!! Thank you all soooo much! <3

Chapter 16

Thomas had never been more frustrated in his long life. Everywhere he turned it felt like he was walking in circles, just ending up in the exact same over and over.

Knowing Mia's life was on the line wasn't helping his dour mood either and only drove him closer to near insanity. He let out a string of curses while repeatedly taking out his frustrations on a tree while screaming bloody murder like a toddler would. After his small temper tantrum, Thomas had ended up only bruising his knuckles and felt more beaten than he had before.

He had never felt so hateful, of himself and of others, before in his life. By this point he was sure that he had made the wrong turn and entered one of Pan's many maze-like traps. And one wrong turn in Neverland could have meant walking right into your death.

Even though he had lived there for centuries and was one of the oldest in the group, Thomas could never figure out his way around the island. That was a part of Pan's cruel sense of humor and magic: Never being able to find where you wanted to go, was one of the many curses of Neverland, tricks Pan had placed to mess with people so it was almost impossible for them to navigate the island without his guidance.

Almost.

He stood up and heaved a long, tired sigh. The sun was already starting to set and Thomas felt like he hadn't accomplished anything other than bruise his hand and his pride.

Through his drowsiness, thirst, and hunger he managed to trudge through the jungle's of Neverland. He could hear the flapping of wings and the chatter of creatures watching him from behind the bushels, watching him. Their noises and presence made the atmosphere more eerie than usual. When he was with the lost boys, usually their fire from their torches and racket kept the animals of the night far from their camp. Now he was on his own for the first time in centuries—defenseless to the merciless behaviors of Neverland's many predators.

Thomas's pace sped up quickly although he was trying not to bring attention to himself. He knew he had to find shelter soon. Thomas threw his map to the side, knowing it was useless and that Pan had probably used his connection of the island to change all of its trails. Angry thunder echoed from the distance and Thomas knew that that meant Pan was pissed off at something or someone. As long as it wasn't him, Thomas knew he'd be fine.

"Well, hello there, Thom-thom."

Thomas froze and sucked in a breath, slowly turning to face the man who was no stranger.

"Hook," Thomas acknowledged curtly with a frown. He was one of last Lost Boys alive who had been present when Hook's hand was cut off, and his eyes gleamed with the vivid memory. "Killed anymore innocent children today, codfish?"

"Children? Yes," Hook said simply. "Innocent? Hell no." He unsheathed his sword and held it in front of him, observing the medal that was covered with crusting blood.

Thomas's nose scrunched up and his hatred for the one handed man deepened. Thunder rang out yet again and by that point, staring at the blood which couldn't have been more than half an hour old, he had an idea as to why Pan would be upset.

"What did you do?" Thomas asked angrily, not wanting to know the answer but was too afraid to not ask.

"Oh, I just paid a visit to your friends," Hook told him casually, "and let them know who's really the most powerful on this island."