Chapter Seven

Edited✔️✔️

Thank you everyone for voting, commenting, and adding this story to your reading lists! This story almost has 2k reads! I'm soooooo terribly sorry for the long wait! I was out sick for a while from school and I just got caught up in my school work.

Chapter 7

Hook's escape made the entire island go—for a lack of better words—chaotic.

Pan ordered all his best boys to search the island upside down and even went to the mermaids and he demanded they tell him anything if they saw any signs of Hook. They were stubborn to agree but somehow Pan persuaded them.

Thomas told Mia that Pan even went over to the Red Skin territory to try and form an alliance but instead nearly got shot by an arrow in a 'very bad place'. Mia couldn't help but giggle when she was told the story but ceased when Pan shot her a look and stuck his tongue out at her.

"Yes. It's all very funny," he had droned with sarcasm dripping from his voice, just making all the boys including herself begin cackling harder.

Mia had to stay back at camp and help cook the meals since she was still in bad shape with her bow and arrows. There were only two other boys helping her make the stew which didn't seem enough to make a meal for over twenty teenage boys with large appetites. The hardest parts were skinning and gutting the deer because the deer's open eyes always seemed to stare straight at her with the same fear-filled look they had moments before they were killed. She had done that for at least two hours straight while listening to gruesome stories from the boys about Hook until she gutted the last of the deer.

"Mia, you can go help tend the fire if you want," Adam, one of the boys who was helping her cook, said.

"No. It's fine," she responded, pouring the doe's guts in a large tin bucket and felt her stomach do a loop de loop.

Adam shook his head, smiling at her pale expression as she set aside the empty bucket. "I insist. We got the rest covered." The other boy beside him looked up from cutting vegetables to nod.

Mia was surprised at their kindness, feeling like the boys had really started warming up to her those past few days, and thanked them before running to the woods to clean her blood-stained hands off in the nearby lake. She scrubbed her hands and made sure to clean under her fingernails at least ten times before she ever stood to head back to camp.

Snap!

Mia's body tensed and she looked around for the source of the noise. Another twig snapped to her right and she started slowly backing up towards camp, reaching for the dagger in her boot, the same one she'd taken from the ship.

"Don't be frightened." The voice seemed to come from all around her and she slowly turned her head from left to right.

Taking her by surprise, a young man in all black stepped out from the woods with his hands grasped behind his back and an evil smile tugging at his lips. "Hello, Mia." He had jet black hair with the darkest eyes Mia had ever seen along with a chiseled chin. She noticed a faded scar near his left eyebrow that ran all the way down to the corner of his mouth. He was very, very handsome, but the ominous feeling he was giving her put a stop any potential attraction.