Chapter Ten

Edited ✔️✔️

Sorry this took long. Wattpad deleted the first draft I saved so I had to start all over. 😒

PS: thank you for all the positive feedback! We're almost at 200 votes and recently reached 3k readers!!!!

Chapter 10

Rufio, instead of walking around him like a normal person, stepped on top of James's stiff, lifeless back on his trek towards Pan, making Mia cringe and other Lost Boys tense.

"Oh. Are you having a party? It seems as if I've interrupted something!" he mocked now standing face to face with Pan who looked as if he could murder him—which, Mia guessed, he wouldn't have a problem with.

"What are you doing here, Rufio?" Pan asked, trying to control his temper. Then his tone changed to a mocking one, so much like Rufio's that Mia no longer had any doubt that they were siblings. "A little birdie has told me you're working for the codfish now."

"Hook?" The boy, Rufio, scoffed with a lopsided grin. "Oh please, like I'd ever be desperate enough to work for that buffoon. Let's just say I'm working with someone much, much more promising."

Pan took the time to narrow his eyes questionably. "Are you telling me that someone else is on the island?" Pan crossed his arms over his chest and looked like he was officially ready to kill someone. Just the thought of anyone being on Neverland without him knowing was enough to make him want to burn the whole island down just to find them.

"Of course I am, and he is just dying to meet you," Rufio drawled as if he was bored. "But—and I know that this is hard for your simple brain to understand—I'm afraid there is someone more important than you that he wants to meet first."

"That's impossible!" Pan protested with a growl and fisted his hands at his sides, sending out his magic to search the island. Rufio's eyes lit up, completely aware that he'd hit the right nerve. "I know every person that has entered and left this island for the past centuries."

"That would be true unless..." Rufio trailed off to a low, teasing whisper, "he's more powerful than you." He let out a mocking gasp and chuckled darkly, as Pan's ears turned a deep red color in rage.

Pan's eyebrows scrunched together in frustration and began to bite the inside of his cheek, a habit of his when he was deep in thought. Ever since he'd arrived in Neverland, he'd considered himself invincible because of his full control over the island. Now, after everything, he wasn't so sure.

"As I was saying..." Rufio continued and faced away from Pan and to the rest of the boys who'd huddled up together in the center of camp. "There is someone else here that my master wants to meet." He pointed in Thomas's direction. "You."

Thomas was taken aback. "Me?" he asked and pointed to himself nervously, looking shocked.

"No."

It was then they all realized he wasn't looking at Thomas at all, but rather the petite person shaking behind him out of fear. Mia took noticed in this, peaking her head around Thomas's shoulder, and her face became horror stricken when she noticed his stare on her too.

"Her."

There were multiple shouts of outrage and protests and it was Mia's turn to be completely shocked and taken aback. The same boys that were cruel and beat her up during training were defending her. Maybe they aren't so bad after all... she thought, but didn't let the idea linger. She could think about it all later.