chapter 23

Lanique

Nique sensed something off about Dre's new girl. Nique wasn't the type to judge a book by its cover but, this girl wasn't right to her. Nique couldn't understand why she was so jealous that dre was messing with a new girl. When he was with tiffany she had no problem with it so why now? Nique thought. She quickly shook that feeling off as she walked in the living room to see dre and quari.

"Hey big head" nique said to dre as she sat down.

"Wassup ugly" dre said with a laugh.

" I was thinking me, you, and our baes could go on a double date Friday if you're not busy" nique said smiling.

"She not bae yet but, sure what time we going" dre said paying attention to the game.

"Around 9" nique said nervously.

"Aight and wassup with you? You been acting kind of strange lately" dre said changing the subject.

"What are you talking about I'm fine" nique said trying to act confused. She knew exactly why she was acting strange she just couldn't hide it.

"Its like every sense I started talking to mia you been acting like you don't wanna be around me or something" dre said honestly.

"No no I'm fine dre, you just starting to act like were not friends anymore or something" truth was dre had been spending a lot of time with Mia but, nique thought of a lie to cover up her jealousy.

"Well you know we always gone be friends nique so why didn't you talk to me about it"? Dre said trying to be understanding.

"I just didn't feel like you wanted to talk about it" nique said still lying.

"Well you can always talk to me. That's what best friends are for right"? Dre said getting up to put quari down for a nap and giving nique a pat on the back.

Nique just put on a fake smile and acted like everything was OK. Truth was she was starting to gain her feelings for dre back.

Friday the night of the date

They all sat down in an orchard silence not knowing what to say.mia and Shawn looked at each other strangely not knowing that dre peeped it. He decided not to say anything and let the evening go well.

"Babe, what are you going to eat" a happy nique said.

"I was just going to get a cheeseburger and fries with a sprite"Shawn said not taking his eyes off of Mia.

"Do y'all know each other? I mean y'all starein at each other pretty hard" dre said getting tired of not saying anything.

"What?!! No" they both said in unison but, dre could tell by the tone of their voices they were lying.

"Aye let me holla at you fam in the bathroom Shawn" dre said with an evil smile.

"No dre y'all can just talk in here" nique said. She knew how dre was so she didn't want him doing anything stupid.

"Nah its cool babe" Shawn said getting up and following dre into the bathroom. Soon as they got in there dre grabbed Shawn's shirt.

"What the fuck you got going with my girl. If you think you play with niques heart I'll fuck you up. Now tell me why the fuck you lookin at Mia"? Dre said almost yelling loudly.

"Chill man its not what you think" Shawn said breathing heavily. " mias a hoe" Shawn said.

"Didn't I just tell you I'll fuck you up" dre said making sure Shawn heard him correctly.

" no mias a hoe, I use to fuck with her bro. Girls like her see dollar signs and that's all she wants. She knows that you're going to college for basketball and soon after you might get signed. Shes going to go after that. You think she's just sweet and innocent but, there's more to her that you need to know" Shawn said walking away leaving dre dumbfounded

Cliffhanger

Be lucky I wrote this while empire was on

Do y'all think Shawn is just trying to play dre? Or is he for real?

Find out what happens

Lee