Chapter 1

Author's Note
Hey guys! This is the edited version of the story that I'm going to start posting. For all those who have read it, the overall story remains the same, just with a few additional scenes and some minor changes. For all the new readers, dive in for a roller coaster of emotions❤️

It was early morning when the sun rays fell on the love birds contently sleeping in each other's arms. The sun rays disturbed Nandini's sleep. She woke up to see the most beautiful face in front of her eyes sleeping like a baby next to her. Manik, the love of her life. Who knew, the person she hated and the person who left no stone unturned to torture her would become the most important person in her life. They sure had come a long way from hating each other to loving each other with all their hearts. His peaceful sleep was being disturbed by the rays entering their room through the small gap between the curtains. He snuggled inside the blanket to block the rays. She gently ruffled his hair which made him smile. Even in his sleep, he was so familiar with her touch. He slowly opened his eyes to see her face. The face he wanted to wake up to every single morning for the rest of his life.

Manik : Good morning Baby.

Nandini : Good morning! So do you want to get up ya pure din aise hi soote rehna hai? Don't forget, we have to go to college.

Manik : Ugh.. Please thodi der aur. Tum bhi so jao na. Come.

Making a puppy dog face, he patted on the bed besides him indicating her to sleep. How adorable he looked. And how much she loved this cute behavior of his.

Nandini : No matter how tempting it sounds, it's already 8:00am Manik.

Manik : WHATTT?? Tumne mujhe uthaya kyu nahi? (In a little high pitched voice) Tumhe pata hai na Nandini that I have to meet fab 5 at 9. We have to practice.

Tears started welling up in her eyes.

Nandini : I'm sorry Manik. Tum itne dino baad itne peacefully so rahe the. I just did not want to disturb your sleep. I'm sorry.

This was all that she could utter. She looked away to hide her tears. But they didn't go unnoticed by Manik. Manik didn't understand why Nandini would cry at such a petty thing. However, nothing else was more important than keeping Nandini happy. He couldn't see her cry, let alone be the reason behind it. He mentally reprimanded himself for making her cry. For such a trivial reason, he had shouted at her and the guilt was eating him up. He immediately got up from the bed and went to her side. He knelt down in front of her, cupped her face and wiped away those tears that were now streaming down her face.

Manik : Nandini I'm so sorry. Please don't cry. I don't know mujhe kya hogaya tha. Mujhe aise tum par chilana nahi chahiye tha. I'm sorry Nandini. Please stop crying na baby. Pleaseeeee.

He took her in his embrace. She stopped crying and hugged him tightly.

(While hugging each other)

Nandini : Next time agar tumne aisa kia toh...

Manik : Toh?

Nandini : Toh I will leave you forever. Kabhi waapis nahi aaungi tumhare paas.

Manik : NOOOO... I promise mein next time aisa kuch nai karunga. Please tum mujhe chodkar kahi mat jaana.

Nandini smiled at this. They stayed in this position for some more time and then broke the hug. It was 8:20 by then. Nandini got up from the bed & took her bag.

Nandini : Bye Manik! Chalo get up & get ready now. You have to go for practice too. Jaao jaakar freshen up ho jao. Nai toh tum late ho jaaoge.

Manik : Mat jaoo na.

Nandini : Manik even I don't want to go.

Manik : Toh kyu jaa rahi ho?

He made a puppy dog face.

Nandini : Manik I told chachi ki main Navya ke saath hu. Woh mera wait kar rahi hongi. So I have to go home now. And I don't even have my clothes. Ab tum utho and go have a shower. Or else you will be late and Cabir aur Mukti ko tumhe tease karne ki ek aur opportunity mil jayegi.

She smiled and winked at him. She moved towards the bed, pulled him out of the bed and pushed him towards the bathroom. Nandini was leaving when Manik called her,

Manik : Nandini, ek kaam karo, tum yaha wait karo. Mei shower leke aata hu fir mei tumhe ghar drop kar dunga and college chala jaaunga. Tum bas 5 minutes ruko, mei abhi aata hu.

Nandini : Lekin Manik agar chacha chachi mei se kisine mujhe tumhare saath dekh liya toh? Maine toh unse kaha hai ki mei Navya ke Ghar hu. Fir mei unse kya kahungi? Tum directly college jaao. I'll manage my way home.

Manik hadn't had enough of his girl and wanted to spend some more time with her so he had to quickly think of a way to stop her since the previous tactic didn't seem to work.

Manik : Arey Nandini, mei tumhe ghar se thoda dur chod dunga. Fir tum waha se ghar tak walk kar lena. That way humein koi nahi dekhega.

Nandini : Lekin Manik...

Manik : Koi lekin nahi. Ab tum yaha baitho, mei jaldi se shower lekar aata hu.

She nodded her head and Manik went to the bathroom. Until Manik was having a shower, Nandini decided to make some breakfast for him.

A few minutes later, when Manik came out of the shower, he couldn't find Nandini in the room. He quickly got dressed and searched the house. He spotted her in the kitchen. He went towards the kitchen.

Manik : Thank God tum yahi ho. Mujhe toh laga tum chali gayi.

Nandini : Aise kaise chali jaati Manik? Tumne kaha tha na hum saath jaayenge. Toh fir mei akele kaise chali jaati. I know tumhe mere saath aur time spend karna tha isliye tumne yeh saath jaane ka bahana banaya. But Manik tumhe bahana banane ki koi zarurat nai thi. Tum keh dete toh mei ruk jaati.

Manik : Maine toh kaha tha Nandini, lekin tumne hi kaha ki chacha chachi wait kar rahe honge.

Nandini sighed.

Nandini : Manik you know naa ki Mei chacha chachi se jyada jhut nai bol sakti. Kal raat ko bhi...

Manik : I know Nandini and I'm sorry tumhe meri wajah se jhut bolna padta hai. Next time mei aisa koi bahana nai banauga. (He held his ears) I'm sorry. Please mujhe maaf kar do.

Nandini : Drama toh koi tumse karna seekhe.

They both laughed at this. Nandini set the breakfast plate for Manik and signalled him to sit at the dining table.

Nandini : Ab chalo jaldi se nasta kar lo. Fir hum chalte hai.

Manik : Aur tumhare liye?

Nandini : Mei ghar jaakar kha lungi Manik. Abhi tumhe late ho raha hai so tum kha lo.

Manik : Nahi, hum dono saath khayenge.

With that, they both fed each other and left for Nandini's house.

A little away from Nandini's house

Manik stopped the car. They both got down.

Nandini : Okay Manik, ab mei chalti hu. I'll see you in college. Bye.

She was about to leave when he held her wrist and pulled her close to his chest to hug her. She hugged him back. They broke the hug. Manik cupped Nandini's cheeks and kissed her forehead.

Manik : I'll miss you. Bye.

Nandini : Bye Manik. I'll miss you too.

With that she started walking towards her house. Manik waited there until her figure disappeared and then drove off to college.

Together Hamesha❤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें