Chapter 11

Cabir's house 

Mukti reached Cabir's place. Cabir, Alya, Dhruv along with Aryamann and Navya were seated in the living room.

Mukti : Hi guys!

Cabir : Finally! Aa gayi tu? Kaha chali gayi thi achanak? Bas ek message aur gayab.

Mukti : Woh.. woh bola na kuch important kaam tha.

Cabir : Aisa kya important kaam tha? Bata, bata. 

Mukti became anxious. She couldn't tell them where she was and what was so important that she had to leave so urgently. Unknowingly, Alya came to her rescue 

Alya : Chod na Cabir. Ab toh Mukti aa gayi hai naa. Let's talk about Manik's birthday. 

Mukti let out the breath she didn't know she was holding. 

Cabir : Arey lekin iss plan ki mastermind toh phone bhi nahi utha rahi hai. Hum ukse bina kya discussion karenge?

Mukti was very well aware of the reason behind Nandini's ignorance of Cabir's calls. 

Mukti : Arey Cabir, discussion mei Nandini ki kya zarurat hai? I mean usne hum sabko plan toh bata hi diya hai naa. So, according to that we'll divide the work amongst ourselves. And Nandini ka kaam hum usse kal college mei bata denge. 

Dhruv : Yeah Cabir, Mukti is right. 

To make the excuse more believable so that Cabir doesn't insist on calling Nandini, Mukti continued.

Mukti : Aur mujhe lagta hai Manik aur Nandini saath honge. Isliye shayad Nandini tere calls nahi utha rahi hogi. Remember Manik went to find Nandini? 

Cabir : Oh yeah right! Okay then let's divide the work and get to it.

They discussed their work and left for their respective homes. 

Outside Nandini's house

Manik parked his car in front of the house and removed his seatbelt. He got out of the car and looked towards the house. Tears immediately filled his eyes. He wiped them off hastily.

Manik : (to himself) Nahi Manik. Pull yourself together. You can't fall weak. Tujhe Nandini ke liye strong hona padega. She needs you right now. And you have to be there for her. 

He let out a deep breath and started walking towards the door. As he was about to ring the doorbell, he stopped himself.

Manik : (to himself) Act normal. Don't say anything related to the tumor. Shayad usse nahi pata hai ki tujhe pata hai. So wait for her to tell you. Yeah.

He huffed and rang the doorbell.

In Nandini's room

Nandini was lying on the bed and crying, hugging a pillow. On hearing the doorbell, she sat on the bed. 

Nandini : (to herself) Iss waqt kaun hai? 

She went near the window and peeked from behind the curtains. She was startled to see Manik at the door. 

Nandini : Manik… 

She gasped. More tears started rolling down her cheeks.

Nandini : Manik yaha kya kar raha hai? No, no, no. I can't meet him. Woh mujhe dekhte hi samajh jaayega that something is wrong. No I can't. I can't tell him about my tu.. my tumor. But.. I can still spend time with him, right? This may be the last time we would be happy and together. I don't have to tell him about my illness. Kya mei ek aakhri baar Manik ke saath nahi reh sakti? Ek last time usse hug nahi kar sakti?

Together Hamesha❤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें