Chapter 2

Nandini reached her house and was ringing the bell for the last 5 mins. No one seemed to open the door. She took the spare keys which were kept under the flower pot near the door and entered her house. All the house lights were off. She switched on the lights and found no one at home.

Nandini : Itni subah subah sab kaha chale gaye? 

She sat on the sofa in the living room and saw a letter on the side table. She opened it. It read,

Nandu beta tumare Chacha ko kuch urgent kaam aa gaya tha Mangalore mein, isliye hume waha jaana pad raha hai. Humne tumhe phone lagane ki bahut koshish ki lekin tumhara phone switched off aa raha tha. Hum rishabh ko bhi apne saath le jaa rahe hai. Tum hamari tension mat lena and apna khyaal rakhna. Waha pahuchte hi hum log tujhe call karenge.

- Chachi 

Reading the letter, Nandini felt upset because even she wanted to meet her Amms. She checked her phone and found that her phone battery was dead. She kept it on charging. Folding the letter back, she went to her room and had a quick shower. After some time, she came out of the bathroom and went to her dressing table. As she was drying her wet hair, her eyes noticed the date on the calendar. She was astonished to see today's date. 

Nandini : Shit. How could I forget? 4 days baad.. Oh nooo. Nandini, tu bhi naa. Tu itni buddhu kaise ho sakti hai? Tu aise kaise bhul gayi? Chal ab jaldi tayyar ho aur college ke liye nikal. Fir tujhe sab plan bhi karna hai. 

At the college 

Manik reached the jam room where all the other members of Fab 5 were sitting and chatting. 

Manik : Heyy guys!

Fab 4 : Hiee 

Manik : So guys let's start the practice? 

Cabir : Ab tu finally aa gaya hai toh let's start. 

He teased Manik. Manik just ignored him. They all jammed for about an hour.

Cabir : Guys let's go to the canteen naa. I'm very hungry. Vaise bhi humne bahut practice kar li hai. 

Mukti : Haa.. Haa.. Tujhe toh hamesha hi bhuk lagi hoti hai. Bhukkad kahi ka .

Everyone laughed at Mukti's statement. 

Cabir : Agar tujhe bhook nai lagi hai toh tu mat aana. Ab agar tujhe khana accha nai lagta toh mein kya karu? Mujhe tere jaise aise lakdi nai ban na hai. 

He had a sheepish grin. The others had a grin on their faces too. Mukti got up from her seat and launched towards Cabir.

Mukti : Teri toh mei..

Cabir ran to save himself from Mukti. He hid himself behind Manik. 

Mukti : Cabirrrrr. Manik ke piche mat chup. Tujhe toh mei abhi batati hu. 

Cabir : Manik yaar mujhe isse bacha le. Yeh toh aaj mujhe maar hi daalegi. 

Alya and Dhruv were enjoying this banter. Manik too had a smile on his face. He shook his head at these two, fighting like kids. 

Manik : Okay guys, now stop fighting. We'll go to the canteen. Mujhe bhi bhuk lagi hai. So, let's go. 

They all moved out of the jam room. Cabir was still hiding behind Manik to save himself. Mukti shook her head at him with a smile on her face and walked forward. 

On the other hand, Nandini reached the college too. She was constantly thinking of what to do for the occasion that was after 4 days. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't see someone coming from the opposite side and bumped into that person. She was about to fall when a pair of strong arms held her. It was none other than our Manik Malhotra. Manik made her stand.

Manik : Nandini are you okay? Kahi lagi toh nahi? Dhyaan kaha tha tumhara? Huh? Agar tum gir jaati toh? 

Nandini : Manik mei thik hu. Woh actually.. mei woh..

Nandini couldn't think of an excuse. 

M: It's okay. But be careful next time. You know na, I can't see you hurt or in pain. 

He smiled. She nodded her head at this and smiled at him. She was so thankful to her stars for sending such a caring person her way. They shared an eye lock. They were so lost in each other that they did not realize that Fab 4 was also present there. Cabir coughed a little to bring them out of their trance.

Cabir : Agar tum dono love birds ka romance khatam ho gaya ho toh hum canteen chalein? Mere pet mein chuhe aur haathi race kar rahe hai.

Everyone laughed at this, Manik glared at him whereas Nandini blushed and looked down. They all proceeded towards the canteen and ordered food. All this while, Nandini was still lost in her thoughts about the upcoming occasion. Suddenly an idea struck her mind. She thought to herself 'Fab 4, yes they can help me. And Aryamann aur Navya toh hai hi. Perfect.' Nandini smiled at this idea. 

Manik : Nandini kaha khoyi hui ho? Why aren't you eating? Aur yeh kisse dekhkar itna smile kar rahi ho? 

Nandini : Umm... Kuch nahi Manik. Woh actually.. 

She was thinking of an excuse.  

Cabir : Woh kya Nandini? Manik toh yahi hai. Toh kiske khayalo mei khoyi hui ho haa? Kahi Manik se jyada handsome koi aur toh nahi mil gaya tumhe? 

Cabir tried to suppress his laugh. Alya, Dhruv and Mukti had a sheepish smile on their faces. To add to Manik's misery, 

Mukti : Haa Nandini. Vaise Manik se bore hogayi ho toh mujhe bata dena. Mei tumhe isse bhi hot ladko se mila dungi. 

Manik and Nandini were astonished to listen to this. Manik and Nandini : WHATT???

Alya, Dhruv, Mukti and Cabir burst out laughing at this.  

Nandini : Aisa kuch nahi hai Mukti. Woh actually, Chacha, Chachi and Rishabh have gone to Mangalore. Aur waha jaakar unhone ek baari bhi call nahi kia toh mei soch rahi thi ki woh log safely pahuche ya nahi. Bas. Aur kuch nahi. Aur mei Manik se bore nahi hui hu. Na hi mujhe Manik se koi aur jyada handsome ladka mila hai. Aur na hi aisa kabhi kuch hoga. Mere liye, Manik is everything. Hamesha. 

Saying this, she looked at Manik who was adoring his girl with his signature smile on his face. The one Nandini loved. The one she never wanted to fade away. But the future had different plans. The ones, none of them had control over. 

Alya : Awwww... 

Nandini just blushed while Manik hugged her from the side. She hid her face in his chest. Everyone was adoring the couple. Soon the day got over and as usual, Manik dropped Nandini to her place and left for his place.

Together Hamesha❤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें