Chapter 23

As Manik stepped out of Nandini's room, he found Mukti, Cabir, Dhruv, Alya, Abhimanyu, Navya and Aryamann gathered outside. Mukti was about to approach Manik when he held his hand up to signal her to stop and walked away from there. Mukti stared at Manik's retreating figure. A pang of sadness hit her heart. Although she knew she deserved it, she wasn't expecting it to hurt so much. 

As Manik reached a quiet corner of the corridor, he received the phone call and pressed the phone against his ear. 

Manik : Hello Dr. Mehra. 

His lips curved up a little.

Dr. Mehra : Hello Manik. I called you to ask if we could reschedule our appointment. Actually, due to some reasons, our conference has been shifted to tomorrow. So can we meet in an hour or so? 

Manik's smile faded at the question.

Manik : I'm sorry Dr. Mehra but you can't meet Nandini. 

Dr. Mehra : Why? 

Manik went on to explain everything that had happened since morning and how Nandini was in the hospital and her surgery was the only way to save her. Dr. Mehra listened to him patiently. 

Manik : Dr. Mehra, can you please come to the hospital right now? Nandini needs this surgery and you are my only hope to save her. Please Dr. Mehra. Please don't say no. Please.

He pleaded. 

Dr. Mehra : Ofcourse Manik. If a patient needs me, I'll be there for the patient. That's what we doctors are for. Our patients are our top priorities. Don't worry Manik, I'll be at the hospital as soon as possible. Just text me the address. Also, I need to talk to the doctor who's handling Nandini's case. Can you please put her through? 

A huge smile spread across Manik's face as a wave of relief spread through his insides. 

Manik : Yes sure. Give me 2 minutes. I'll call you back. 

Saying that, Manik disconnected the call. Everyone had noticed Manik's expressions change to exhilaration and relaxation in a matter of minutes through just a phone call. But none of them knew the reason behind this 360° transformation. Before any of them could ask why, he sprinted in the opposite direction. 

In Dr. Arohi's Cabin

Manik's happiness knew no bounds. He entered the cabin without knocking. 

Manik : Dr. Arohi? 

Dr. Arohi was seated on her chair and going through some reports as Manik called her out. She lifted her head to look at a beaming Manik. 

Dr. Arohi : Manik? Tum? Tumne Nandini ke operation ke baare mei decision le liya hai? 

She got up from her chair as she questioned him. 

He held her by her shoulders and twirled her around in excitement.  

Manik : Nandini ko kuch nahi hoga. She'll be fine. Usse kuch nahi hoga. Woh thik ho jaayegi.

He kept on repeating the same statements with a constant grin on his face. Dr. Arohi held his arms in order to stop him.  

Dr. Arohi : Manik, stop. Tum kya keh rahe ho? 

Manik left Dr. Arohi.  

Manik : Meri Nandini ko kuch nahi hoga. Jab mujhe Nandini ke tumor ke baare mei pata chala tha, tabhi maine ek foreign doctor ko uski reports bheji thi. He's one of the best neurosurgeons in the world. Aur woh aaj hi Mumbai aaye hai. And he has agreed to be a part of Nandini's surgery. I'm sure he'll save her. 

Together Hamesha❤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें