Chapter 22

Mukti and Abhimanyu quickly walked towards the gang. Everyone turned towards them except Manik. He stood paralysed at his position.

Mukti : Dr. Arohi kya keh rahi thi? 

She asked, hoping that what she heard wasn't true at all. Cabir looked at her with sorrowful eyes. She turned towards the others. Alya sobbed in Dhruv's chest and Navya had tears streaming down her face, confirming Mukti's wildest nightmares. Mukti's feet wobbled. Abhimanyu held Mukti by her shoulders to support her. 

Mukti : Kya.. kya kaha unhone?

*Flashback*

Manik was sitting on the chair with his face in his palms when Dr. Arohi came to the waiting area. Cabir, who was sitting next to Manik, squeezed his shoulder and whispered in his ear.

Cabir : Manik, Dr. Arohi.

Manik became alert and got up from his seat. Dr. Arohi came and stood in front of him. 

Manik : Nandini? 

All he could utter was her name. His hopeful orbs met Dr. Arohi's worried ones. The last thread of hope that he was holding onto, was soon going to break.

Dr. Arohi : We've shifted Nandini to room no. 306 on the 3rd floor. But she's still unconscious. Also, Nandini ki reports aa gayi hai. And they're not good. Nandini ne mujhe tumhe kuch bhi batane se mana kia tha but right now, her health is my top priority. I don't know if you're aware, but Nandini has a brain tumor in the..

Manik : I know. 

Manik spoke before Dr. Arohi could complete. She stared at him in shock because Nandini had told her that she wasn't going to inform Manik about her tumor. To clarify her doubts, Manik spoke.

Manik : Jab Nandini hospital aayi thi apni reports collect karne, tab galti se usne mera phone utha liya tha aur maine aap dono ki saari baatein sunn li thi. Dr. Arohi, Nandini thik toh hojaayegi naa?

His voice was filled with hope and concern.

Dr. Arohi : I don't know Manik. The size of Nandini's tumor has increased as compared to her previous scans. Her biopsy reports say that its a benign tumor, which is a relief. But the tumor is creating pressure on her brain. And if we don't operate as soon as possible, she may not survive. 

Dr. Arohi's words twisted each of their hearts in knots. Manik felt as if he had been pulled into a sea of unending torment. Tears pooled around his lower eyelids but were loyal enough to not leave his eyes until he permitted them to flow.

Dr. Arohi : Manik, I need you to know and understand all the risks that come with the surgery. The brain is the most delicate part of our body. Also, the temporal lobe is in charge of our memory. Since her tumor is located in that area, she may lose her memory due to the surgery. Also, there may be problems with her vision. She may lose her eyesight or maybe her ability to feel any emotions. Her language could be affected too. And lastly, she may die on the table. The way her tumor has aggressed, there's a very slim chance of her survival. But I want you to keep one thing in mind Manik, this surgery is our last option to save Nandini. Without the surgery, Nandini has mere days of her life left. But if all goes well, she may be fine. I'll give you some time to decide whether you want to go ahead with the surgery or not. I'm sorry Manik. I don't want to give y'all any false hopes and I think y'all should prepare yourselves for the worst. 

She tapped Manik's shoulder pityingly and left from there.  

*Flashback ends*

Together Hamesha❤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें