Chapter 18

In Nandini's Room 

Nandini had changed into comfortable clothes and was sitting on the bed surrounded by Alya and Mukti. Cabir and Aryamann were standing near the window and Dhruv was seated on a chair in the room. Navya came with a bowl of khichdi for Nandini. Although Nandini had put on a smile, everyone knew that it was fake. Suddenly, Nandini sensed her heart sink and shrieked, "MANIKKKK." Everyone became alert at her nerve-racking cry. Tears started rolling down her cheeks. 

Mukti : Kya hua hai Nandini? 

She didn't listen to what Mukti asked. Her mind was filled with all types of terrifying thoughts. And all those thoughts were related to the one person she loved more than life itself. Manik. She took his name again, but this time, her voice was a mere whisper. More tears rolled down her cheeks. Alya shook her by her shoulders and asked,

Alya : Manik kya Nandini? What are you trying to say? 

Nandini : (in between her sobs) Ma.. Manik ko.. Manik ko kuch… He's not.. ok.. okay. Usse.. usse kuch hogaya hai. 

She dissolved into tears. 

Mukti : Nandini, aisa kuch nahi hua hoga. Manik thik hoga. I think you're just stressed isliye tumhe aise thoughts trouble kar rahe hai. 

Nandini looked at Mukti in disbelief.

Nandini : NOOO! MEI KEH RAHI HU NA. Manik..Manik thik nahi hai. Something is wrong. I.. I can feel it. Manik ko kuch hua hai. He's not okay. I.. I have to go. I have to go and look for him. 

Nandini was frantic. She could feel that something had gone terribly wrong with Manik. All she wanted was one glimpse of him so that she could make sure that he was fine. If anything happened to Manik, she would never be able to forgive herself. After all, it was because of her that he had left in the first place. Or that is what she thought. She got up from the bed and moved towards the door. 

"Ruko Nandini."

"Nandini stop."

"Wait."

"Nandiniii."

They all tried to stop her but their pleas fell on deaf ears.

Somewhere in the middle of a deserted road

The light that blinded Manik came from the headlight of a bike. The person on the bike swerved as well to avoid being hit and luckily, he was able to control this sudden movement and did not hit the ground. As for Manik, his car had bumped into a nearby tree. The hood of the car had opened and light smoke surrounded the car. The person parked his bike at the side of the road and rushed to look at Manik. He opened the driver's side door. Manik's head was on the air bag that had fired out due to the sudden situation of an accident. The person held Manik's arm and moved him so that his back was resting against the seat and the person could get a clearer view of Manik's injuries, if he had any. As soon as the person saw who was behind the wheel, he was dumbstruck.

Person : Manik? Shit!

In the hall

Everyone followed Nandini down the stairs. She was just about to leave the farmhouse when Cabir called her from behind.

Cabir : Ruko Nandini. We'll call Manik. Pata chal jaayega ki woh thik hai ya nahi. Wait, I'll call him.

She turned to face him. Cabir fished his phone out of his pocket and dialled Manik's number. But to his dismay, Manik's phone wasn't reachable. Everyone looked at him with anticipated eyes. He tried again. But no response. That was it for Nandini. She turned around to leave. They knew it wasn't advisable for her to go out at this hour and in this condition but none of them could figure out a way to stop her. That is when an idea struck Mukti. She put her phone to her ear.

Together Hamesha❤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें