Chapter 19

Manik and Abhimanyu reached the farmhouse. Abhimanyu parked his bike in the driveway and they both got off the bike. 

Manik : Come on, let's go. 

Abhimanyu : Nahi Manik. Tum jaao. 

Manik's eyebrows drew together in confusion. 

Manik : Kyu?

Abhimanyu started scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment. 

Abhimanyu : Woh actually, maine Mukti ke liye ek surprise plan kiya hai. Mei aise hi uske saamne nahi aana chahta hu. Maine usse itna hurt kiya hai. She deserves some compensation. And maybe surprise ki wajah se woh zyada der tak mujhse naraaz naa rahe. Aur abhi surprise ready nahi hai. So I can't meet her right now.

Manik smiled at Abhimanyu's thoughtfulness. 

Abhimanyu : And I had initially planned that I'll meet Mukti tomorrow. I mean I didn't know ki hum dono aise milenge. 

Manik : Okay. And don't worry. Woh maan jaayegi. So see you tomorrow?

Abhimanyu smiled and nodded. Manik turned to leave when Abhimanyu called him.

Abhimanyu : Manik…

Manik turned around.

Abhimanyu : Please don't tell Mukti or anyone else that I'm alive. 

Manik : Lekin..

Abhimanyu cut him off.

Abhimanyu : Please Manik. I want to see her reaction when I meet her tomorrow. Pleasee?

Abhimanyu pleaded. Manik gave in.

Manik : Okay. But don't you dare make her wait too much. Nai toh mujhse bura koi nahi hoga. 

Manik pointed a finger at Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu pretended to be scared and saluted Manik.

Abhimanyu : Aye aye captain. 

They both laughed. 

Abhimanyu : Come on now, go. Nandini must be waiting for you. 

Manik nodded and Abhimanyu left. Manik started walking towards the door when unconsciously his hand found its way to his forehead. He felt the cloth that Abhimanyu had tied around his head to stop the blood from flowing out of his gash. 

Manik : Agar Nandini ne isse dekh liya toh woh faltu mei tension legi. I need to get rid of it. 

He quickly untied the cloth and stuffed it in his pant pocket. He arranged his hair so as to hide the wound. He also rolled his sleeves down to hide the scratches on his forearm. The cuts weren't deep but they needed to be tended to. However, Manik didn't want Nandini to worry about them. Neither did he want anyone else to question him about his bruises. Because he didn't really have answers to their questions. For starters, he couldn't tell them about the accident or how he reached the farmhouse because then he would have to tell them about Abhimanyu, which he couldn't. Secondly, he wanted to be alone with Nandini so that he could make amends and apologize for the pain he put her through. He would take care of these wounds once everything between Nandini and him is resolved. As Manik reached the entrance, he found that the door was slightly open. He pushed it open. Mukti, Cabir, Alya, Dhruv, Aryamann and Navya were all seated on the couch. Dhruv was the first one to notice Manik. 

Dhruv : Manik.. 

All heads shot up to glance at Manik. Manik walked up to the couch. Mukti got up and moved towards him. She kept a hand on his shoulder and examined him.

Mukti : Manik, tu thik hai na? 

Alya : Kaha the tum?  

Cabir : Aur tera phone kyu switched off tha? 

Together Hamesha❤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें