That Feeling

9th Grade – Fall Semester

Stepping into Gyeongsin High for the first time, Sehun noticed one thing – there were a lot of students, all of them dressed in the school's uniform - ivory vest or jacket, navy bottom, and the plaid tie with the school's gold emblem.

A few had haughty expressions on their faces at the sight of the incoming freshmen, but no one blames them. Freshmen were looked down upon all around the world, so a prestigious private school would be no different. Some didn't seem to care, apparently having better things to do than to intimidate new students.

"Friendly school," Jongin muttered sarcastically from Sehun's right. "Those guys look like pro-wrestlers. Are they even teenagers? Look at the size of those biceps. How many times have they beaten an underclassman?"

Sehun looked where Jongin was pointing. "I'd say a lot," he mumbled, not really looking forward to possibly being a victim.

Tao scoffed. "Nothing we can't handle."

That brought a smile to Sehun's face. He turned to face Tao. "Always ready for a fight huh?"

Tao shrugged. "Only when necessary."

Jongin laughed and wrapped his arm around Tao's neck. "Did I ever tell you how glad I am that you're on our side?"

Tao smiled. "I don't know if I can say the same for you."

"Yah!"

Sehun and Tao laughed at Jongin, who scowled at his ungrateful friends.

Suddenly a group of girls ran past the trio, all talking animatedly about something. Sehun only caught a few words.

"Who is he?!"

"Why is he so cute?!"

"Is he a freshman?"

"I hope he's in my class!"

Sehun and his friends turned to see where the girls were headed to, but all they saw were a bunch of students (boys and girls alike) crowding around the building's entrance.

"I wonder who it is," Sehun stated, craning his neck to try and catch a glimpse of whoever those girls were fawning over.

"A flower boy no doubt," Jongin answered before grabbing Sehun's arm. "Let's go check him out – to see what all the hype is about. And hey, maybe you can make him yours," he teased.

Sehun rolled his eyes. "Right. Like I would date the school's flower boy."

"You'll never know," Tao added with a sly smile.

"Well, I do know, and there's no way in hell I'm going to fall for --"

Sehun stopped mid-sentence when the supposed flower boy finally broke free from the crowd surrounding him.

"Sorry. Sorry. I really have to get to class. Sorry," the boy said with an apologetic smile. He bowed several times before turning to leave, heading straight where Sehun was standing.

Sehun felt something caught in his throat when the boy turned out to be none other than Luhan.

But this wasn't the Luhan he'd known all of these years. It was a new Luhan. One with fluffy, bubblegum pink hair and white square-rimmed nonprescription glasses (Sehun knows Luhan has nearly perfect vision).

The boy was dressed in the school's uniform, the ivory jacket he had on contrasting vividly with his pink hair, making it stand out even more.

Luhan rushed forward, cheeks flushed from all of the attention. He stopped when he noticed Sehun and his friends were standing there. His eyes met Sehun's, and there's a moment of awkward silence between them.