Together

11th Grade - Fall Semester

With their hands firmly clasped together, Sehun and Luhan entered the Junior hallway on the first day of school, smiles on their faces. Sehun wasn't sure about Luhan, but he was definitely ready for the inevitable gossip, maybe even a few protests. In fact, he had mentally prepared himself for this moment since the end of summer vacation.

Sehun experienced an unbelievably amazing summer with Luhan - one he wished didn't have to end. Every day was an adventure, full of unforgettable moments, and he felt truly happy. They shared countless kisses and hugs and everything that could set his heart fluttering, and it was perfect, but Sehun knew that they would be forced to come back to the real world - or high school in their case.

It was time to face the forever judgmental high school student body.

Without fail, the students started whispering as soon as they walked past, a few of them even gasped, but Sehun paid them no attention because he had Luhan.

"Are they talking about us?" Luhan whispered, squeezing Sehun's hand as he looked at the group of students huddled together next to the lockers.

"Well, they are pointing at us," Sehun managed to say before he flashed the spectators a show stopping smile.

Their eyes widened and they immediately scurried away. A few others who witnessed the scene started spluttering at Sehun's boldness. Clearly, they did not expect Sehun to be so upfront about his relationship with Luhan.

"I think you scared them," Luhan stated, voice coated in amusement, eyes looking up at Sehun in awe.

Sehun was about to say something when he suddenly heard a loud groan coming from behind him.

"Could you two get any more lovey dovey?" Tao asked, sounding highly sarcastic and unamused as he shoved Sehun out of his way.

"Yah!" Sehun shouted at Tao's back.

Tao merely shrugged in response, and continued walking. He only stopped when he came across a group of girls, who were too busy trying to get a good view of Sehun and Luhan, they didn't notice him.

The girls also happened to be blocking the middle of the hallway, which led Tao to announce rather loudly, "It's not a terrible dream, they're really together. The school's favorite cutie is taken. Deal with it and STEP ASIDE!"

Even if they were beyond offended, judging from their appalled expressions, the girls broke up, splitting like the Red Sea. Tao smiled, and strolled through the middle like it was his personal runway.

Sehun had never been more proud to have Tao as a friend.

"I'm the school's favorite cutie?" Luhan asked, confused because apparently, he was the only one who wasn't aware of his title - a title he held since freshman year.

"Not anymore," Sehun said. "Because you're mine now."

Luhan's cheeks tinged pink at the confession, and he kept his eyes lowered as Sehun continued to hold his hand as they walked down the hallway towards Luhan's locker.

When they got there, instead of letting go of Sehun's hand, Luhan turned the combination dial with his weaker left hand.

Tao, whose locker was five lockers down on Luhan's right, saw this and rolled his eyes.

"And the award for Most Attached Couple goes to...." Tao began, throwing his backpack into his locker in an overly dramatic manner. "Sehun and Luhan! Congrats," he announced unenthusiastically.