Do You Get It Now?

That Summer

Sehun told himself that he wasn't running away from his problems. He wasn't. He simply preferred to spend time with people who didn't know much about him or his problems, and that meant ignoring his two best friends.

Jongin had claimed that he was being immature by refusing to speak to Luhan, and they had gotten into a heated argument after that. Tao, who usually never take sides, actually agreed with Jongin, and that led to Sehun ignoring him as well. Since then, they've been trying to contact him, but Sehun wasn't ready to face them yet. Deep down, he knew they were right, but Sehun has always been stubborn.

It was difficult enough for him to admit that he has feelings for Luhan, a fact he still has trouble grasping, but to suggest that he should confess was something entirely impossible.

He had no plans to tell Luhan how he felt, not after spotting Luhan and Kris together more than a few times over the summer.

A part of him wanted to snatch Luhan and take him somewhere far away from Kris. Somewhere Kris can't find them.

Somewhere Luhan would be Sehun's.

But in the end, the part of him that chose to ignore the hurt won. He wasn't exactly proud of that side, but it gave him assurance that he won't make a fool out of himself...

It was Friday night, and Sehun was at another wild party hosted by people he didn't personally know, but that was normal. He's been attending these types of parties often, hoping to forget, even if just for a few hours, that he's Oh Sehun, the guy secretly in love with Luhan.

Sehun wasn't sure what he expected to happen tonight at this particular party, maybe meet someone interesting, try a little alcohol, but whatever it was, it certainly didn't consist of watching the person responsible for all of his problems stepping through the front door.

Luhan?

Sehun's eyes widened when Luhan, who looked so nervous and out of place among strangers, closed the door behind him and took a tentative step forward.

A million things went through Sehun's head, but none of which consisted of him walking up to Luhan.

He simply stood there, frozen, eyes glued to the familiar face he's been dreaming about since the start of summer break.

Luhan's eyes were scanning the crowd, most probably looking for Sehun because Sehun was sure he knew none of the people here. These weren't the types of people Luhan should be associating with, in Sehun's opinion.

When Luhan's eyes finally met his, Sehun swore he forgot how to breathe.

Luhan weaved his way around the crowd to stand in front of Sehun, his expression serious. Sehun would have wondered why he looked like that if he wasn't so fixated on the fact that Luhan was really standing in front of him.

"I can't believe you're really here," Luhan said, and Sehun detected disappointment in his voice.

"What?" Sehun croaked after snapping out of his thoughts. Suddenly embarrassed, he cleared his throat and tried again. "What?"

"What are you even doing here?" Luhan asked, crossing his arms, looking very much like an adult who was in the middle of scolding a poorly behaved child.

Not liking the tone Luhan was using, Sehun narrowed his eyes. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"I'm only here to get you," Luhan said matter-of-factly. "I have no interest in staying at this party."