Made For One Another

Present Day

Sehun's eyes are following Luhan as he scurries around the kitchen trying to finish his latest new recipe before Kyungsoo's party. From where he's sitting, Sehun could see pure excitement radiating from Luhan's body language. His heart warms when he sees that distinct sparkle in Luhan's eyes whenever he's doing something he loves. And Sehun has no problems with Luhan exploring new recipes for his restaurants because by being married to him, Sehun gets to be the official taster - a job he's quite enjoyed over the years.

"What is it called again?" Sehun asks when Luhan turns around with a plate of something that Sehun has never seen before.

"It's cranberry brie crepes," Luhan answers as he hands Sehun a fork. "I'll probably call it something else if we do decide to add it to the dessert menu at Lucky."

Sehun stabs the dessert with his fork, and out trickles the cranberry sauce Luhan spent twenty minutes perfecting. He takes a bite, mindful that Luhan's eyes are on him, anticipating.

Putting the fork down on the plate, Sehun takes a few seconds to carefully chew the crepe.

As soon as he swallows, Luhan asks, "So what do you think?"

Sehun thinks about the after taste, and when he finally decides on what he wants to say, he reaches over the counter and takes Luhan's hand.

"The cranberry is too tangy, and the crepe part - if I'm pronouncing it right - is a bit chewy. Overall, I'm not a fan..."

There's disappointment in Luhan's eyes when he quickly says, "But French people -"

"Babe, I'm Korean."

Luhan sighs. "Yes, I know.." He looks down at the crepes and pouts.

Sehun leans over to kiss that pout away. "I thought you wanted me to be honest. Weren't you the one who said I should be more honest with my feelings?"

"And I do love you for giving me your honest opinion," Luhan says before pecking Sehun on the mouth, "but it's still disappointing. I wanted you to like it.."

Sehun squeezes Luhan's hand. "Hey, maybe it's just me. You should let the others try it."

"Yeah, but they'll probably say the same thing." Luhan takes another look at the crepes, pondering something. "Maybe I should try it with strawberries."

Sehun smiles and lets go of Luhan's hand. "Yeah. Maybe you should, but right now, we have to get ready to go."

"Alright." Luhan turns around and starts washing the dirty dishes.

Sehun grabs the boxes that were filled with an assortment of party food that Luhan had finished earlier. "I'll put these in their bags and put them in the car."

"Oh, do you need help?"

"No, I got it."

Thirty minutes later, Sehun and Luhan are parked outside of Baekhyun and Chanyeol's house. Sehun honks the horn when he sees Baekhyun taking his sweet time to get to the car. Baekhyun ignores him completely and turns around to snap at Chanyeol, urging him to hurry up with locking the front door.

Luhan giggles upon seeing this, but all Sehun could do is roll his eyes.

Baekhyun happily greets Luhan as he enters the car, and gives Sehun a mere nod as he scoots over to make room for Chanyeol.

"Should we really let Sehun drive?" Baekhyun asks after Chanyeol helps him with the seat buckle.

Sehun scowls when Luhan smiles at Baekhyun's remark. "What's wrong with my driving?"