Frosted Lips

Present Day

Kyungsoo sighs. "I don't know what to do..."

Baekhyun puts down his cup of coffee and picks up a cracker. "Are you serious right now?" he asks, pointing the cracker at Kyungsoo.

Luhan reaches over and puts Baekhyun's hand down. "Yes, he is serious, Baek."

"You should be a bit more understanding," Yixing adds.

Baekhyun huffs. Leaning back in his chair, he eyes Kyungsoo disapprovingly. "I don't get why you're upset over this. You should be celebrating the fact that he doesn't want to get involved."

"But I don't know if it's because he doesn't want to or because he feels like his opinions don't matter," Kyungsoo explains, nervously fiddling with his cup.

Baekhyun opens his mouth, but Kyungsoo cuts him off with "His opinions do matter to me."

Baekhyun snorts, as if Kyungsoo had told him a ridiculous joke, but says nothing else.

"I don't want to plan the wedding by myself, but I also don't want to force Jongin to help," says Kyungsoo, eyes downcast.

Luhan frowns. "I'm sure he wants to help," he comments as he squeezes Kyungsoo's hand. "Sehun tells me that Jongin is really looking forward to the wedding, so I don't see why he won't be interested in planning it."

"But whenever I ask him something, he just gives me the same answer, 'Whatever you want, Soo.' And I'm sure Baekhyun here thinks that that's the best reply, but I don't."

"Have you talked to him about this?" Yixing asks.

Kyungsoo shakes his head. "We're not the best when it comes to serious talk."

"Or communicating in general," Baekhyun mutters.

Luhan kicks him under the table for the rude comment. Baekhyun yelps, but he doesn't retaliate, and this causes Yixing to smile.

"Do you think he's s-second guessing his decision to m-marry me?" Kyungsoo stammers, eyes wide and suddenly frighten.

Luhan immediately shakes his head."Nooo. No. No."

"Definitely not," Yixing adds.

"Yeah, no way," Baekhyun remarks. "No one spends money on a ring like yours unless they're absolutely sure they want to be tied down to one person for the rest of their lives. That's extreme commitment because I don't think he can even get a full refund on the ring, maybe a partial refund."

"What Baekhyun is trying to say," Luhan starts after clearing his throat, "is that Jongin is committed to you, so you shouldn't think about things like that."

"Well, then why isn't he giving me any inputs? I'm not marrying myself, am I?" Kyungsoo asks. "We're supposed to be a team."

"And you are," Yixing states calmly.

"Then why -"

"Uh maybe because he at wedding planning?" Baekhyun leans forward and looks directly at Kyungsoo. "If Jongin is anything like I think he is, the guy has no idea what planning a wedding entails. When you ask him stuff, I'm sure he has no clue what you're talking about, let alone give his opinion on it. Don't get all worked up over this. It's not worth the stress."

"Baekhyun might be right," says Yixing.

"Of course."

"But I know he has ideas, so why won't he just say them? Is he scared? Am I that scary?" Kyungsoo asks, looking at each of his friends, giving them puppy eyes.