Locked Hearts

10th Grade - Last Week of Classes

Kyungsoo was throwing things into his locker while trying his best to drown out Yixing's excessive praises for this Suho boy he obviously has a crush on.

Ever since that day at the fair, Yixing has been Team Suho, and though Kyungsoo was happy for him, truly, there were times he wished Yixing was more like Luhan - keeping his romantic feelings for a certain someone locked up and buried deep inside.

But then he remembered how miserable Luhan felt whenever Sehun was around, and he decides that Yixing's open display of affection was, in the long run, the healthier option.

"He's going to run for class president our senior year, and I totally think he'll win," Yixing continued, having no clue that he lost Kyungsoo ages ago. He probably didn't care anyways.

"He's smart, ridiculously handsome, embarrassingly funny, secretly rich, and I still can't believe he's single. What is wrong with the world?" Yixing shook his head like he was disappointed in everybody who was alive and failed to notice Suho's greatness.

"How do you know he's rich?" Kyungsoo asked, now somewhat interested in what Yixing was yapping about.

"Saw his wallet. It reeked of money," Yixing replied in a tone that seemed to suggest that he thought the answer was obvious.

"Umm. It's a wallet. It's supposed to smell like money since, you know, that's what you put money in."

"How come your wallet doesn't smell like money then?" Yixing countered.

"Why are you smelling my wallet?"

"Just answer the question."

"I will not." Kyungsoo grabbed his textbook and threw it into his backpack. He was more than ready to go home because another second with Yixing would probably result in him having a few dead brain cells, and he rather not have that happen.

"You really are heartless, Soo," Yixing accused when Kyungsoo continued to pack his things. "I thought Jongin would be able to change that."

Kyungsoo abruptly stopped what he was doing to stare at Yixing, dumbfounded. "Wh-What does Jongin have to do with me not answering your stupid question?"

"Nothing. I just like how you react whenever his name is mentioned. It's adorable." Yixing grinned as he pinched Kyungsoo's flaming red cheeks.

"Yixing," Kyungsoo started in a frighteningly calm voice, "did you get to say bye to your precious Suho today?"

Yixing tilted his head to the side, confused at Kyungsoo's sudden question. "Yeah, I did. Why'd you asked?"

"Because you're never going to see him again once I'm done with you," Kyungsoo threatened, hands already grabbing the collar of Yixing's shirt.

Yixing gulped. "Uhh Soo, I don't think you should hurt me."

"Why is that, Xing?"

"Because it'll make you look bad if you kill your best friend. Imagine the headlines in the papers! Your mom wouldn't be pleased."

"Who says people would find out?" Kyungsoo asked, expression dark.

"What about Jongin?" Yixing squeaked when Kyungsoo continued to tighten his grip. "I don't think he'll go for a friend murderer."

"Stop saying his name," Kyungsoo hissed, the blush from earlier slowly creeping back.

"I can't help it because he's right there."