Scribble

10th Grade - Fall Semester

"Luhan!"

"Huh?"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "Please pay attention during club meetings."

"I was paying attention."

Yixing laughed. "No, you weren't. You were staring out the window."

Luhan crossed his arms and gave Yixing what he hoped was an intimidating glare. "I was not."

"Oh really?" Yixing got up from his seat and walked over to the window. He looked down and asked, "Oh my God! What happened to Sehun? Did he get hurt?"

Luhan almost jumped out of his seat to take a look out of the window. "Wha --"

Yixing smirked. "Gotcha."

Realizing that he fell right into Yixing's trap, Luhan groaned. "That wasn't cool."

And despite himself, Luhan glanced towards the tennis court. After spotting Sehun playing just fine, he sat back down.

Kyungsoo scoffed. "You couldn't be any more obvious."

"What?"

Yixing took a seat next to Luhan. "Why are you suddenly so interested in watching the tennis team practice?"

"I wasn't watching them practice. I was simply looking out the window every now and then."

"At Sehun."

Luhan spluttered. "Wha - No!"

Kyungsoo shook his head and sat down on the desk in front of Luhan. "You wanted to jump out the window when Yixing said he was hurt. Come on, Luhan, we're not dumb."

"Yeah. Don't think that we haven't noticed," Yixing added. "You've never shown an interest in tennis before, but ever since Sehun made the team, you know everything there is to know about the sport - including the team's match schedules."

Luhan looked down at his hands. He really couldn't argue with that because it was the truth - a truth he wished his best friends didn't know about.

"What's wrong with keeping up with our tennis team?" Luhan fired back. "Tennis isn't that bad. It actually looks like fun."

"Because Sehun's playing it?" Yixing asked, eyes staring right through Luhan's soul.

"No. Not because he's playing it," Luhan said, turning away to avoid Yixing's intense gaze.

"Right. Like we believe that."

"It's true!"

"Something happened between you two," Kyungsoo said accusingly. "He's not picking on you anymore, and you no longer complain about what a jerk he is."

Luhan gave Kyungsoo a small shrug. "Nothing happened. We just grew out of it. High school can change people."

Yixing smiled. "Or it can make people realize something they've been hiding inside."

"I'm not hiding anything," Luhan said firmly.

"Okay. Fine, you're not hiding it," Kyungsoo admitted. "You're denying it."

"Denying what?"

Yixing and Kyungsoo glanced at one another. "Your feelings," they said in unison.

Luhan's mouth fell open. "My - my feelings?"

Kyungsoo and Yixing nodded. "Yes, your feelings."

"What?? What are you two going on about?"

Yixing sighed. "We knew this was going to happen."