Sixty Seconds

11th Grade – Spring Semester

After entering the gates that separated the tennis court from the track field, Kyungsoo immediately scanned the crowd for Luhan.

"Ov-Over here!" said boy shouted, standing up from his spot on the bleachers when he spotted Kyungsoo and Yixing.

"He sounds nervous," Yixing noted curiously.

"You're right," Kyungsoo murmured as they climbed the steps to reach Luhan, who was decked out in the school's colors. It was obvious that Luhan was there to support the home team – or rather one player in particular.

Kyungsoo thought the words GO SEHUN! painted on the side of Luhan's cheeks were a dead giveaway.

"Well you look supportive," said Kyungsoo as he sat down next to Luhan.

"You don't think it's too much?" Luhan asked, biting his lower lip anxiously, his hands fidgeting.

Yixing sat down beside Kyungsoo and chuckled. "Nah. I think you look cute actually."

"Really?" Luhan smiled shyly at the compliment though his hands continue to tremble.

"Why are you so nervous?" Kyungsoo asked, though he had a hint as to why.

Luhan sighed. "It's my first time watching Sehun play since we started dating...." he mumbled, averting eye contact.

"Ah." Yixing smiled. "First day as the supportive boyfriend rather than the obsessive fan."

Luhan looked up, his eyes wide. "Yah! I was never an obsessive fan!"

Yixing shrugged. "If you think so."

"Yixinggg," Luhan whined, causing his two friends to laugh.

"So cute," Yixing cooed as he reached across Kyungsoo to pinch a pouting Luhan in the cheek.

"Careful, Yixing, you don't want a certain star player to aim the tennis ball at you," Kyungsoo warned jokingly (though it could happen).

Luhan slapped Yixing's hand away. "Sehun's not the jealous type," he argued.

Yixing and Kyungsoo stared at Luhan for a second before bursting out in laughter.

"Are you kidding? Sehun's not the jealous type?" Yixing cackled. "Are we talking about the same Sehun?"

"He's not!" Luhan insisted, bewildered at his friends' reactions.

Yixing shook his head in amusement. "Tell that to the guy from the ice cream shop who wouldn't stop staring at you."

"And that guy from the amusement park who gave you free cotton candy," Kyungsoo added.

Luhan blinked. "What? What happened to them?"

Kyungsoo and Yixing looked at each other before turning to answer Luhan simultaneously, "We are forbidden to disclose that."

Luhan crinkled his eyebrows in confusion. "Why?"

"It's for your own good," Kyungsoo said firmly.

Someone scoffed, and Kyungsoo turned to look at the person. His eyes met Jongin's dark ones, and unknowingly, he sat up straight, his posture perfect.

"Don't paint our friend as some crazed killer boyfriend," Jongin stated with an annoyed eye roll. He walked over to where they were sitting, and sat down next to Yixing.