Yours

Present Day

"What about this one?"

Luhan puts down the set of holiday plates he was holding and turns to face Baekhyun, who's holding a massive Santa Claus cookie jar.

"Don't you already have a snowman one?" he asks. "Why do you want another one?"

Baekhyun sighs and puts the cookie jar back on the display counter. "Because it's more festive. It'll make my kitchen more Christmassy.."

Luhan raises an eyebrow. "Baek, I don't think you can get any more Christmassy. Trust me," he says with confidence.

He's basing this on the fact that Baekhyun and Chanyeol had completely renovated their house into a winter wonderland of sorts. It had taken the couple a few days and a large sum of money to get the decorations done, but the end result was, as Baekhyun puts it, worth every penny. The entire exterior was covered in Christmas lights that shined so bright at night, Luhan had wondered if the neighbors ever asked the couple to shut it off.

Inside, Baekhyun had changed all of the furniture to a pristine white, symbolizing the snow Chanyeol loves so much. And while the furniture was the beautiful backdrop to a winter painting, the red and green decorations that covered the whole house added a nostalgic feeling of memories, festivities, and well, Christmas. There was also a massive 7 foot Christmas tree that had unique (expensive) ornaments Baekhyun had collected over the years. To put it simply, Baekhyun and Chanyeol's house is a beautiful replica of the one you would see in a Christmas card.

Baekhyun bites his bottom lip, eyes glued to the jar. "Yeol's mother has a similar one," he mumbles.

Luhan takes a look at the jar and back at Baekhyun's face. It makes sense now. He should have seen this coming. Luhan makes his way over to where Baekhyun stood. He gives Baekhyun's shoulders a gentle squeeze.

"Is this the real reason why you dragged me to the mall during the busiest time of the year?"

"It's not the main reason..." Baekhyun half-mumbles as he heads toward the stockings. Luhan follows.

"Come on Baek, why are you so nervous whenever Chanyeol's parents are in town? They love you."

"Yeah, but I want them to love me even more this year," Baekhyun admits as he picks up a stocking, hands feeling the softness of the velvet fabric. "Christmas is their favorite holiday. Like it's huge in the Park household. You should see their house on Christmas day.. I just - I don't want to disappoint."

"You never disappoint," Luhan states, staring directly into Baekhyun's eyes. "They love everything you do, and whether or not you have a giant Santa jar isn't going to change that."

"When you say things like that, it makes me want to believe you," Baekhyun says with a hint of a smile.

"Then believe me."

Baekhyun looks away. "I-I really want everything to be perfect because you know... they're the only ones visiting us."

Luhan could detect the disappointment and hurt from a mile away.

"You called your parents?" he asks carefully, tone soft. Baekhyun's parents were always a touchy subject.

"Yeah," Baekhyun whispers. "They're not coming, and I'm not surprised. It's been years.."

Luhan frowns. "Baek..."

Baekhyun shakes his head. "I'm fine. Really. I'm too busy to mope about it. I gotta make sure Yeol's parents enjoy their stay."