Chapter 6

[Louis' P.O.V.]

"C'mon," Liam said. "I want you to get to know Niall."

He reached his had toward me with a smile on his face. I hesitantly took it and followed him away from the front door. My eyes were trained to my feet as we walked into his front room that contained the dog eared boy. 

"Hey, Niall," Liam spoke in a soft voice.

My head snapped up and I saw Niall turn his gaze to Liam. A soft smile appeared on Liam's face as Niall smiled widely at him. 

"There's someone I want you to meet," Liam said looking over to me. 

Niall's ears immediately flattened against his head and a childish glare appeared on his face. Liam gestured for me to come clsoer and I hesitantly took a step forward. A slight growl sounded from Niall's throat and I took a step back. 

"Be nice, Niall," Liam scolded and Niall's expression turned sad.

"No, it's cool," I muttered. "I'll just um go."

"Don't you dare go anywhere, Tomlinson."

I sighed and stayed still. Liam leaned in close to Niall and began whispering in his ear. I caught a few words like "best mate" and "nice" and "won't hurt you." It made me really wonder where this boy had come from. Clearly some type of scientist. A mad one at that.

"Come here, Lou," Liam's voice pulled me from my thoughts and I walked over to the pair. Niall sheepishly smiled at me as Liam introduced us," Niall, this is Louis. My best mate that I've been telling you about. And Louis, this is Niall."

"Hi," Niall said in a soft voice.

"Hello, Niall," I smiled to him. 

Niall nodded and turned toward Liam who returned his look with an approving smile. 

"I think I'm gonna head out. I'll see you later, Li. And Niall nice official meeting you. Sorry if I kind of freaked you the other day. Just kind of a lot to take in." 

I turned and took a step away. I felt a sudden warmth in my hand as another slid into it. I turned back and saw Niall looking up with wide blue eyes.

"S-stay?" He asked. "F-for food?"

I raised an eyebrow at the boy before Liam interjected.

"Stay for dinner, Lou. We'll get pizza or something."

A smile spread across my face and I nodded. So I stayed for pizza and I discovered a lot about Niall. He was so innocent to everything that it was almost too cute. We watched TV and I watched as Liam took care of Niall's every need. If he needed more water or pizza, Liam was up in milliseconds getting whatever he wanted. Liam was always a super nice guy but I just found it odd of how he took care of Niall the way he did. 

"Alright, Lou?" Liam asked as he walked passed with an empty plate. "Are you finished?"

"Yeah," I said shaking my head and handing the plate to Liam. "Thanks."

"Not a problem."

He smiled to me before disappearing into the kitchen. I glanced over at Niall to find his eyelids drooping shut but he seemed to be trying his hardest to stay awake. Liam came back into the room and noticed Niall. He smiled to dog eared boy and Niall sleepily smiled back at him. 

"Are you tired, Niall?" Liam softly asked him to which he nodded to. "Come on, you can sleep in my bed tonight since Louis is here."

Niall made grabby hands at Liam and he immediately reached down to scoop Niall into his arms. Niall nuzzled his face into his neck and latched himself onto Liam as he carried him to his bedroom. I stood up and stretched before Liam walked back into the room.